Print

Author Topic: What Mario Games suck  (Read 6478 times)

« on: March 31, 2005, 03:28:26 AM »
This is where you can discuss which mario games shouldn't have been made e.g all the educational ones.
And which bits about certain games you think should be changed or maybe you think that Mario should lose the moustache? Or something like that.

Edited by - busterbrown on 3/31/2005 1:29:44 AM

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 03:46:56 AM »
Hmmm... this may shock many, but I have my right to an opinion. I think SMB2 and SMB3 are the worst Mario games ever! SMB2 just isn't like a Mario game- they must've changed very little. I don't know why I don't like SMB3, I just don't. I sold it in exchange for a DS (In SMA4 form), along with SMA1, and I don't have any regrets.

Oh, and what's so bad about Yoshi's Story? I think it's one of the best games ever. It has great graphics, original gameplay and imaginative design. It doesn't have much to do, but when I feel like a good platformer and don't want to repeat SMW (I've got 96 exits) or YI, Yoshi's Story is perfect.

It''''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 11:09:39 AM »
Yoshi's Story is great because, although "it doesn't have much to do," "it has great graphics."

Sorry, couldn't help it. XD

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:00:22 PM »
Yoshi's Story is fun. What are you talking about?

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 12:51:04 PM »
Educational Mario games suck? Mario Teaches Typing was a GREAT game, what are you talking about?
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 01:52:17 PM »
I loved Mario Teaches Typing. That's how I learned to type.

(Ironically enough, I made several typos when making this post.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »
I do hope you read the SMB2 special TMK typed up before you posted.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 03:05:55 PM »
That was sweet. Chup posted in the morning, which he almost never does. Not only that, but he followed my 9:9 post with a 10:0, which I think is neat (99 plus one equals 100). Then MamaMia Mario and Vidgmchtr came in to show support for Mario Teaches Typing, the program with which I wish I had learned to type. (I originally learned in fourth grade with some Apple IIe program and again later on with Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.)

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 04:40:49 PM »
The interest curve for Yoshi's Story was FAR steeper than most games I've played. That is, when I first got it, I was enthralled by it, although it got boring quite a bit mroe quickly than most Mario games.

I've never been a big fan of Super Mario Bros. 2 for some reason.

And why 6 Mario Party games? I'm not saying they are bad games, I'm just asking why Nintendo is milking this cow so much?

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 04:53:48 PM »
Okay, a Mario game that I think should be changed is Mario Power Tennis. It's a great game, but there is very little replay value, and there should be like 5 more characters.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 05:58:56 PM »
Hmmm...
Mario is Missing. The illustration on the box looks like the game would be cool, but it's really not.

Yoshi's story irritates me, but I've only played a little of it and that was quite a while ago.

Mario Paint is a great game unless you have to play it using the mouseball from your computer's mouse. :<

And the mario party games.
I don't think they're that much fun to begin with, and we don't need six of them.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 07:01:08 PM »
The Typing of the Dead > Mario Teaches Typing

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 12:05:39 AM »
I never learned to type.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 02:23:12 AM »
Watoad: I didn't know how to put it. What I meant was even though it doesn't have many unlockable features and absolutely no multiplayer support, I still see it as a good game.
Mr. Wiggles: I read it. I read it again. It got repetitive. I stopped reading it. I read it again.

What I meant was that they could've replaced the hearts with Mushrooms, Shy-Guys with flat-shelled Koopa Troopas, and much more. Also, there should've been Fire Flowers!

It''''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 09:12:05 PM »
It was a bit unsatisfying that SMB2 was so different, but I'd prefer that than the same glop on the menu from last week.  There weren't very many levels either.

I don't like the fact that I don't have PM or PM2 ...or SM64DS ...or a DS, but money doesn't grow from publicity.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print