Print

Author Topic: Your Dream Displacement Machine  (Read 5126 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« on: April 12, 2005, 05:52:01 PM »
While most of us here aren't car freaks, I imagine that at least a few of this board's citizens have their eyes set on certain dreamy vehicles that they would love to get their hands on if their circumstances ever allowed it. Are you one of those? If so, then please share with everyone what strikes your fancy—and maybe even why.

Please also take this topic seriously. If your dream machine really is a DeLorean or an Oscar Mayer weiner mobile, then fine; but please don't make bogus posts about vehicles that don't really matter all that much to you. If you're thinking of mentioning something that is impossible to obtain, like the Batmobile, then you're missing the point of this topic. Financial impossibility is one thing, but fantasy cars are another.

Finally, pictures are welcome!

Okay, here's mine (you don't have to follow this format if you don't want to):

Make: Caterham

Model: Super Seven Roadsport SV (Special Version)

Year: N/A

Color: Metallic Blue

Cost: $35,000 to $40,000

Reasons for the Dream: The car is tiny, handles very well, looks great, and would be a thrill to drive. And it's a convertible.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 06:10:29 PM »

Every since I saw this poster my brother had when I was about 5 I loved the look of the Lamborghini Diablo. That's all I have to say.

If the image messes up my screen, then the 800 x 600 people have gotta be dying. Sorry.

~Watoad

Time slowed and Reality bent.

But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - Watoad on 4/14/2005 4:45:13 PM

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 07:22:31 PM »

This car seems like one I'd drive. I'm not one who goes for neat, flashy looks. Just one that drives great.

And as long as it supports my iPod.

EDIT: Oh, and it's a BMW 325i Sedan.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 4/12/2005 6:32:08 PM

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 07:31:49 PM »
Batmobile!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 07:53:22 PM »

Honda Accord (Hybrid)

MSRP including selected accessories:
       $32,009

Edited by - Suffix on 4/12/2005 6:57:06 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 05:41:20 PM »
Before the Super Seven came along and bumped them out of the way, Lamborghinis were my favorite cars.

Just so you know, Vid, more car companies are adding iPod support. Even Mitsubishi, the company for which my dad works, will be releasing iPod-compatible cars in the future.

Do I hear a fly buzzing around?

Hybrid cars are cool. I'm no environmentalist, but I think it's great to conserve stuff when we have the reasonable means to do so.

I noticed today that my favorite picture of the Super Seven SV was sitting on the Internet (it's from a car magazine), and I wanted to show it to you. The car in it isn't my favorite color, but I think it just reeks of coolness. Notice how the dude's so close to the ground that he could easily touch it if he wanted to—which I of course know would cause pain if the car is doing what we see here:

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 06:53:43 PM »
The Aquada:

http://www.enorgis.com/Images/tn_aquacar.jpg

Tranforms from a car to a boat in 7 seconds. 100 mph on land and 35 mph on the water. Price: $250,000

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 07:57:17 PM »
I've never thought of cars as something cool to have. Just a way to get around. I don't see any cars that I would want to have because they were cool, or something.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 08:11:44 PM »
You may not be the type of person who would enjoy a thrilling drive in a motor vehicle, but if you are, then I recommend you ride a motorcycle sometime if you ever have the opportunity. Doing so might show you that driving (or riding) can be more than just transportation—such as a source of excitement and/or fun. If I get a bike sometime in the next ten years or so (unlikely, but not impossible, I guess), then I'd love to let you try it out. :P

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 08:39:32 PM »
I have a Honda Civic Hybrid and am happy with it.  I also like the new Toyota Prius Hybrid, the Mazda RX8, and the MiniCooper.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 08:41:54 PM »
Motorcycles are very fun to ride. But I'd still rather have my car.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 09:59:23 PM »
Hey, Luigison! That's exactly the alternate car that I'd like to get (Civic). But I need a hybrid. Gas prices are horrendous here (Washington)... And probably everywhere else.

Edited by - Suffix on 4/14/2005 9:13:02 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 10:10:10 PM »
I don't know/remember where you are, but I'm in Santa Maria (not Santa Mario as I opten mistype), Ca.  When I first moved here I had a 1995 Custom Ford Show Truck with a V8 Boss.  My monthly gas for the truck was $100 more than my note and gas for the new Honda Civic Hybrid.  The Accord Hybrid doesn't have very good MPG campaired to the Civic and Toyota Prius.  The Insight gets good GPA, but is too small for me.

Edited by - Luigison on 4/14/2005 9:12:20 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
I have three motorcycles.

There are four lights.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 01:01:04 AM »
I'm with TEM.

Hoooooooooly cow, almost perfect. Just needs a bit more red to match this awesome red-orange color on a Mustang I see at a dealership on my way to school.

Runner-up: 1984 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, black (a la KITT from Knight Rider but without all the gadgets).

Print