Print

Author Topic: Cartoons or Reality?  (Read 7524 times)

« on: May 03, 2005, 06:28:26 PM »
When you watch t.v. do you like watching animated shows or shows that are reality? I like watching both but I like animated because I liked watching anime when I was younger.

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 07:34:53 PM »
People still watch Reality TV shows?

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 07:37:14 PM »
Gee, I don't watch either of those genres.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 07:40:23 PM »
I like to watch both, but some cartoons are almost too otherworldly for me to like.
Actually, that's not right... I guess they're just not enough like my world for me to like.  I like to watch shows about real people because I can relate and identify with the characters, but to me there's nothing wrong with a little flying around in fighter jets to keep the alien lizards from invading our planet! Err... excuse me.  Basically I watch real shows if I'm more serious or in a "let's fit in to society today!" mood, and I watch cartoons so I can forget about my own life's limitations.  Then again, that's why I watch any shows...

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.

Edited by - Markio on 5/3/2005 6:40:49 PM

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 09:45:36 PM »
I HATE reality TV. My mom (Strange Love, that crappy show on VH1), dad (The Apprentice, that crappy show on NBC), and sister (American Idol, that crappy show on FOX) love that crap.

I prefer cartoons over reality, though I hardly watch TV anymore.

The cartoons I like the most are:
Family Guy
Invader ZIM
The Simpsons
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
InuYasha

...Oh, and I HATE Spongebob. I wanted that cartoon to die ever since it premiered.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 5/4/2005 8:16:35 PM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 10:06:02 PM »
OOOohhhh... Real like Reality shows where the people aren't actors.  I don't like those either usually, because I'm not on them. I was talking about shows that weren't animated earlier.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
Reality TV sucks, blah blah blah whatever..
I like them cause they are so annoying,  because it has other people in it, people who we dislike and find irritating, and whats worse is that they think they're so great, and think people really love them, heh..

- - - -
Arg, matey

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 02:07:46 PM »
I just sit in my room watching taped episodes of The Price is Right...all the time...

I don't really enjoy either, though I do love The Simpsons.  And I will watch Family guy every so often.

That, and I find reality TV annoying.  Just the way some of the people act, I see red, and wake up hours later not knoing what happened

Coconut Mike-N-Ikes->Marios preferred candy
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 04:02:28 PM »
Cartoons. I love cartoons.
I'll watch live action shows, but I really dislike Reality TV.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 07:10:56 PM »
I like watching shows with real people, that way you can have fantasies.  :D

Cartoons are okay I guess, like spongebob, fairly odd parents, simpsons, family guy, south park, and a few other funny ones, but I'm not into the whole anime thing.  To me, it's lame and every anime show seems to be the same

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 07:45:52 PM »
...There are some good reality shows. The ones I watch are American Idol (Scott Savol must die!), Amazing Race (Can't get enough of the Travelocity Gnome commercials!) And Apprentice (You're FIRED!). Actually, we just call Apprentice "You're fired." And there's the Geico commercial about Tiny House. I wish that were a real reality show!!!

And I like SpongeBob! New episodes on Fridays! I don't really like Fairly Odd Parents, because they repeat stupid phrases 100 times per episode... But I don't want people to dislike me for saying that, it's just my opinion. Invader Zim rocks!!! Hooray for Gir!

A bird can fly… But a fly can’t bird!!! –Bird Person<(^v^)>

Edited by - Bird Person on 5/4/2005 6:52:47 PM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 06:15:22 PM »
I don't watch cartoons or reality. I can't stadn either. These days I watch programs on Discover, TLC or Animal Planet as well as some comedies and dramas. I love anime though. I don't consider anime and cartoons to be the same, both are animations but they are world's apart. Most anime I watch isn't on TV. My top five series are Sailor Moon, Vandread, I My Me! Strawberry Eggs (yes, taht's where I got thoes questions from), Magic USer's Club and The Slayers.

Random Anime Quote:
"I have split ends?"--Zelgadis. Slayer Next episode 6.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 09:41:08 PM »
Reality TV I wish died out with Survivor 1. I think it's ridiculous the "reality" shows that are coming out, especially if "reality" is still defined as 'unscripted TV'. I see reality shows as people forced into bizarre situations and told to act naturally in said situations.

I don't watch animated shows much anymore because the ones I like are no longer on TV. Taz-Mania's gone, Tiny Toon Adventures disappeared, Sonic SatAM should have never been canceled, and so on. I'm also sad that Angry Beavers and Rocko's Modern Life can no longer be seen on Nickelodeon, but instead on Nicktoons TV, a channel available to those with some sort of extended cable option. Stupid extended cable, wish there was a "select the channels you want to receive" option. Had I known I would have extended cable for a couple weeks instead of it being a permanent thing, I would have watched Angry Beavers every day (er, except I was too busy watching G4 at the time).

I really wish Angry Beavers would come back.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 10:14:50 PM »
Reality shows get very annoying.  I USED to watch Survivor, but now it's stupid.  Fear Factor, same thing all the time ( i HATE the host!  he talks to loud and is annoying as heck!)  Cartoons are okay.  Family Guy is really funny, Futurama is okay, Spongebob has always been a classic (the first 1 i saw was when he ripped his pants and i liked it ever since), and there are a few animes that are okay, but they're kinda weird.  Fairly Odd Parents is pretty annoying.  Sometimes I just want that show to shut up!  Timmy's parents have the power to make me want to claw my own eyes out.
Alright that's my opinion.

I remember the angry beavers.  That show was weird, but i liked it.  That little noise that Dag made was funny.  It was like, "Neeeeeh!" or sumthin like that.  Angry Beaver's animation was very strange.

Edited by - The Blue Toad  on 5/6/2005 9:18:05 PM
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 10:53:37 PM »
"I don't consider anime and cartoons to be the same, both are animations but they are world's apart."

Wow, that's got to be the most ignorant comment I've recently heard on this board.

Time to chime in. I generally don't watch reality TV since quite frankly, much of it has been run to the ground (The Apprentice, American Idol, Survivor) while some is just absolutly degrading or dumb (The Simple Life, Extreme Makeover).

As for the animated department, I watch a lot of it. If I still had cable, I'd probably be watching Drawn Together, South Park, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Spongebob Squarepants and one big list full of cartoons I haven't seen for a long time. Luckily, Family Guy is back on public TV.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print