Print

Author Topic: What do YOU collect?  (Read 8042 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 04:36:59 PM »
I used to collect Star Wars cards.  I probably wasted hundreds of dollars on them, and I never got any really rare cards - I was addicted like someone addicted to slot machnes.  Best card I ever got was Chewbacca, but I traded him away for a whole lot of nothing, what was I thinking?  I still have R2-D2 and doubles of Lando Calrissian, somewhere in the depths of my closet.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 05:29:57 PM »
My brother also collects Beanie Babies-- I do believe that he has all the cats as well. I used a few beanie babies in my third Unmotion Picture.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 07:20:50 PM »
(Each list is in cognitrivial order, you might say—simply the order in which the items came to my mind.)

Stuff I used to collect at various times in my life:

• stuffed animals (particularly lions, penguins, and raccoons—traditionally my three favorite animals)
  • LEGOs
  • POGs
  • N64 and GCN games, primarily first- and second-party (i.e. Nintendo and Rare) ones
  • Nintendo Power magazines
  • TMNT action figures
  • baseball cards
  • neat pebbles
  • promotional brochures (from any company or organization)
  • DVD movies
  • contest pieces from fast food places, such as those Monopoly ones from McDonald's
  • Pieces of Heart
  • ZBOTs
  • Matchbox or Hot Wheels (?) vehicles
  • anything Nintendo-related that I got my hands on, including media from the Internet
  • NES and a few SNES games (these were family- or at least sibling-wide collections)
  • keychains whenever they came my way
  • Game Gear games (until I realized that color graphics didn't make them fun)
  • ROMs and Napster MP3s
  • NERF guns
  • all boxes and manuals that came with stuff I got (starting when I got an N64)

Stuff I maybe still collect:

• TMNT cartoon show DVDs
  • teeth removed from my mouth (hopefully there will be no more to collect)
  • money

Stuff I probably still collect:

• pictures and movies of Fungi Forums people
  • game music albums
  • state quarters
  • miscellaneous books
  • bicentennial quarters and other miscellaneous U.S. coins
  • e-mails
  • school assignments created on my computer
  • gifts that people have given me, including cards
  • pictures I've taken
  • chat logs
  • bank statements and other financially related mail
  • wall calendars I've used

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 07:50:13 PM »
neh!  Pokemon cards, that's so lame!

The only thing I collect is music i guess.  I have a library of 1600 songs now

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2005, 08:00:23 PM »
Watoad list spark a need to reply here:

Legos:  At one time we had enough to fill a 33 gallon trash can.  I no longer collect them, but wish there were more high level kits so I could.

Books:  I have a collection of several hundred books.  Most of them are science or science fiction.  I also keep magazines that have sci-fi stories.  I prefer paper back books because they are easier to carry, and read in bed.  I aslo keep my Nintendo Power magazines.

DVDs:  I have a lot of sci-fi dvds.  Star Wars is not amoung them.  I also like movies about the mind like A Beatiful Mind and Fight Club.

Computer parts:  I don't realy collect these, but find it hard to throw out perfectly good computer equipment.  I have several printers, scanners, mice, keyboards, etc.

Mario stuff:  I have a random assortment of Mario items.  Toys from fast food places.  A talking voice activated phone.  ETC. Etc. etc.

E-mails:  I don't purposely collect them, but I am a pack rat and don't delete most of them any way.

Desktop icons and other stuff:  I have way too much stuff on my desktop.  I wish I were a better at organisation.  At school the admin had to give me a gig of server space and all there of my desks are covered with stacks of papers.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2005, 08:20:52 PM »
Anime series galore. I have over twenty series on DVD only (check out Vandread please!) and I record series like Pokemon, Inu Yasha and Full Metal Alchemist. I also collect some manga series(I finally finished Mars! Now to finish Girl Got Game!), but not that many and it's all girl's manga anyway.

I use to collect Pokemon cards and Sailor Moon CCG (yes such things did exist), but now I just collect Pokemon on my game (unless colecting Pokemon games is one thing. I also collect anime OSTs and random merchandise, though I haven't got any recently and AMVs (anime Music videos).

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.

Edited by - Latias Dita on 6/2/2005 8:18:19 PM
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2005, 09:02:07 PM »
I've played the Sailor Moon CCG. ^_^

I also suppose I collect the Chobits manga. I gave away Volume 1, though.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2005, 09:17:33 PM »
Wow, I guess there were others who collected/played the SM CCG. Heh, I remember mixing together SM and PKMN cards in one deck and playing by the rules to Pokemon. I may talk about Vandread alot, but Sailor Moon is still my favorite anime. It's just that many people know about Sailor Moon, very few know about Vandread.

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 01:44:17 PM »
Oh boy, now you've done it!

Legos: Used to play with these all the time when I was younger.  I made these little mazes that you could run a marble through my tilting to the platform.  That was pretty much all I made, but I made some really cool ones!

Marbles: To go with the legos!  Actually no.  I was drawn in by their round shiny appeal.  I wanted to learn how to play Marbles but I put it off too long.  I can't really play it at my house anyway because I live in the country, our driveway is made of gravel, and our sidewalks are close to other things.

School trophies: Got some for perfect attendence, memorizing scripture, drama, and even one for sports.  I don't go to that school anymore so I can't collect them now.

State Quarters: I still collect these.  So far I have 35.

Emails: This is just terrible.  I save almost every single email I get and even some I send.  I put them all in tidy little folders like "Old Faves", "Important Stuff", and "Web Stuff".  I'm just as bad as Luigison if not worse.

Online Pictures: I have 205 pics of Mario merchanise, a bunch of Mario, Sonic, and DK fan art, a few scanned pictures of me, a few funny pics of Lizard Dude, and old one of Sapphira (but not funny, don't worry XD).  I don't collect this stuff nearly as much as I used to but just felt like saving it.

Nintendo games: Mostly Mario and Donkey Kong.  I also have Sonic Mega Collection and both Smash Bros. games.  Mario Mix is next on the agenda (I hope).

Mario merchandise: Tons of this great stuff.  I got the beanies (except for DK), the big wooden chest, some happy meal toys, some Nintendo Adventure Books, a Mario poster, the Mario Kart phone, the Yoshi kart (stinky version), the Mario with FLUDD on Yoshi toy, and 4 mario T-shirts including the Bob-omb one, the Mario lifting a mushroom, and the green 1-up Mushroom which is my favorite.  I also have some Sonic toys too like a cute little Sonic plush doll that I won at an amusement park (you can read more about that in my Roller Coaster Tycoons thread).  It's so cute that I'm almost tempted to sleep with it.  Almost.

[Quick Advertisement!  If you want to talk about your ideas for Mario games and merchandise then head on over to my new topic, Mario's Money Machine.  Then go to McDonalds and get a fruit & walnut salad.]

Game cases and manuals: I have almost all of them that I own.

VG music: I like to download this sometimes (not very often though because my computer is a snail), especially the Mario remixes.  I also have Sonic Heroes:OST and just got Sonic Adventure:OST online and I'm still waiting for that.

TMK Mailbags: I used to make them available offline and then save them for some reason.  Glad I stopped doing that!

"Lions, peguins, and raccoons, oh my!"

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 6/3/2005 9:26:34 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 03:17:08 PM »
> Emails: This is just terrible. I save almost every single email I get and even some I send.

Oh, don't feel bad; I save every message that I send and receive (excluding spam and other junk). Right now Mail is telling me that I have 4025 e-mails, which I keep organized in a system of folders that currently weighs in at 209 different folders. The funny thing about this is that all these messages add up to only 247 megabytes, which is a far cry from the gigabyte or so that the big three web-based e-mail providers give you. If I can't use up even a quarter of a GB with the two tons of stored messages that I have, then who ever will?

Speaking of web-based gigabytes, I upgraded my .Mac web space to a gigabyte of storage capacity yesterday. Now I'll have plenty of room to upload E3 and future Japan pictures and videos. I think I'll even put H&trade; FooF back up there sometime soon.

> Game cases and manuals: I have almost all of them that I own.

I know what you meant by this, but the way you worded it is just funny. I have a demo copy of Meteos that I don't own.

Nice Wizard of Oz quote. ~_^ It makes me wish that penguinwizard were still an active poster among us.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 03:26:10 PM »
Meteos is still alive?!?

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2005, 05:06:27 PM »
1. I'm sure it is.
2. WHO THROWS AWAY THEIR BOXES AND MANUALS?!?!
3. I keep all my e-mails too.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 10:21:46 PM »
2. Me + younger + not too bright = a few lost boxes.

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2005, 11:06:29 PM »
My mom used to cut out the fronts of the boxes to label game cases, and throw away the rest of the box, all which completely horrified me. Now whenever I get a game that comes in a box (as opposed to a case), I make sure to keep it stored in my room.

Anyway, if by going by all that stuff listed that you guys collect, I suppose I collect just about EVERYTHING. I keep all my emails, letters, old calendars, etc. as well. I have a hard time getting rid of anything that could be particularly useful (even if it's not currently), or if it serves as a memory of sorts. I'm a LOT better than I used to be, though. I think laziness also serves a part in not throwing out stuff.

(On another note, YR, your sig is exceedingly annoying in its length. It makes want to skip reading anything you post altogether.)

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/5/2005 11:37:55 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 08:40:12 PM »
Mortified=Humiliated

Print