Print

Author Topic: Sony releasing Mario DVDs?  (Read 2769 times)

« on: June 29, 2005, 05:01:48 PM »
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3613

Yeah, that's right, they're actually releasing "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" in a DVD set, never mind the fact that DiC is like the worst animation company in America and Disney's "DuckTales" was a much better show. But the weird thing about it is that the set is being distributed by a division of Sony, a.k.a. one of Nintendo's worst enemies.
Am I the only one who thinks there's something strange about that? Why would Sony release DVDs of cartoons starring Nintendo's characters? I'm sure there's a good reason why they're doing that. My theory is that Sony's trying to convince kids not to buy Mario's upcoming video games by reminding them that he had a mediocre cartoon show. Any other theories?
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 05:57:44 PM »
No, that would never happen.Sony would never do such a thing.They may be rivals but,They would never sell DVDs to destroy nintendo(DiC isn't so bad sure mario was crap but Zelda ain't that bad)

YOSHIS RULE
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 06:22:01 PM »
Sony's movie, music, game, and technology divisions have disputes all the time.  The company is so widespread that they are effectively different companies when it comes to stuff like this.  There is no silly theory to come up with.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 11:07:09 PM »
Argh, why do people continue to bash on DiC? I liked quite a few of their shows. The Mario cartoons, of course, plus the original Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Inspector Gadget, etc.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 11:48:42 AM »
I have good reasons to dislike DiC Entertainment. 95% of their programs are based off of properties created by other companies (for example, "Street Sharks" is just "Ninja Turtles" with sharks instead of turtles), and in the cases where the show is based on a license, they get everything wrong (for example, Heathcliff never talks in the comics).
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 12:34:38 PM »
I'd like to say something about irony but I'm pretty sure I'd be misusing it and someone like Chupperson or Steve would come in and correct it.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 02:53:48 PM »
QUOTE: 95% of their programs are based off of properties created by other companies (for example, "Street Sharks" is just "Ninja Turtles" with sharks instead of turtles)
------------
Seemed the same thing with many of the properties used by Paramount Pictures' Famous Studios (ex. Herman & Katnip which was based off of Tom & Jerry)

"This is a SQUARE HOUSE. Please report any un-fairness to the proprietor"

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 03:30:56 PM »
Hey, let's not bring DuckTales into this!

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 09:26:30 PM »
I just forever hate DiC for what they did to Sailor Moon. Even Clover Way sis a better job with SM S and SS.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Print