Print

Author Topic: It's time for Bowser to move on and become friends with Mario and Luigi  (Read 10552 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 03:02:46 PM »
I tried making a topic like this when I first came the TMK.  But, I've realized that even though Bowser is the bad guy in a lot of the games, and even though MArio beats him every time, to me it never gets old.  Why doesn't it ever get old...I have no idea.  But the thing is, Jessie and James on Poke'mon got REALLY REALLY REALLY old and annoying.  Why?  Because they were featured in every single poke'mon show and lost every battle.  They're just like a stupid side note that lets you hear them proclaim to everyone that they're blasting off again, and allows you to see pikachu just...shock them.  Howver, with Mario the bad gus change every once in a while, and Bowser is not just a side note, but a WHOLE note...(right?)  He's the main idea in the game.  You have to work hard and go through fun levels to get to him (not befriend a pokemon and then yell "OMG!  TEAM ROCKET!" at the end of the show just for the heck of it)...Alright that's all.

“A wagon full of pamcakes?  In the Champeen ship?!  I’d like to see ya try!” ~ Homestar Runner        
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 04:44:51 PM »
I agree Blue Toad. Every darn episode went like this: Ash and friends are on a road. They meet some guy with a new Pokemon. Pikachu battles. Team Rocket fights to steal them both. They fail, and Pikachu zaps them. They blast off. Ash says goodbye to the guy. To be continued. It got old. But Bowser had new tricks every game. The only time I hated him was in Mario Party. But the big lug won't be backing down anytime soon.

"You fools! You''ve messed with the natural ordaaaaaaa!!!"~ The story telling crow from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 07:19:23 PM »
There was once a more recent episode about Charizard that made me feel sad.  After Charizard was supposed to be this ultra mega pokemon that was so powerful he was lazy about it, but then when they visit all the other Charizards, he's a weakling and it was sad.  Then he gets to stay and train though, so it's not that bad.

Even if Bowser isn't the villian in a game, I don't see any rush for him to be friendly.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 07:45:23 PM »
Mr. Wiggles: Who the dukar is Smitty?!  Just kidding.

Personally I would like to see some old villains return in some game and maybe team up.  I can see Wart playing in Mario Baseball (as odd as it would be to see a fat frog running down bases), and you could have a statue of Smity in some castle just to freak people out when they walk by.  But mostly I'd like to see a game that had a picture gallery of all of Mario's enemies from the past just for fun.  Okay, I'm done with that now.

I'm not really tired of Bowser but I do think he's not as scary as he used to be (except in Melee of course).  I remember how much he scared me in SMB, not his look but just how he would never take his eyes off you and shot fire at you like crazy.  And in SM64 how he kept walking towards you nonstop, sometimes even running and leaping at you!  Bowser should be a little harder in some games and definitely look scarier like Giga Bowser does.  He could find some powerful item that transforms him into a giant monser (Bowserilla?) and makes little girls scream and run away from the game.  Heh heh heh!

And one more thing... I disagree that SMS is a bad game, but it could have been a ton better.  I liked using FLUDD and riding Yoshi in it, and especially the roller coaster ride.  I hated the unbalance of too easy/ too hard challenges, lack of camera angles, and more things to do besides the same stuff.  But I enjoyed it for the most part.  Especially the manta ghost boss!

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 8/10/2005 6:53:23 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 08:10:06 PM »
I truly think SMS was the sequal to SM64. That's my opinion, and not even SM128 can change that. Although I'm gonna hurt someone if it doesn't come out soon.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 07:28:56 PM »
I agree with Blue T. too.I'm SO sick of Team Rocket!!!!!!!!! They could at least TRY to make a decent episode once in a while without them.But they just throw them in and mark it as something new.I'm glad Nintendo uses diffferent enemies every  once in a while for Mario.If that cant keep everyone satisfied, then I suggest they move on.

" I would suggest that it''s not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art." ~Bill Watterson,a true role model.

Edited by - PaperMario on 8/11/2005 6:31:32 PM

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 12:16:33 AM »
Yes let's set aside the fact that the quality has gone up since the removal of Misty and the change of setting....

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 01:11:38 AM »
Man,I hated Misty.

" I would suggest that it''s not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art." ~Bill Watterson,a true role model.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 01:37:18 AM »
Misty made Pokémon. It isn't the same without her.

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 03:39:02 PM »
Of course it isn't the same without her.

It's much better.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 04:09:18 PM »
Actually, I miss Misty.  She's ten times better then this new girl and annoying little kid.  Why can't they just get rid of Brock???  They keep making him come back.

“A wagon full of pamcakes?  In the Champeen ship?!  I’d like to see ya try!” ~ Homestar Runner        

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 04:28:51 PM »
This post is quoting what Sup-ed Mad-io said about Bowser being a loser.

Bowser DOES pose a threat.  Have you tried fighting him in Paper Marii: The Thousand-Year Door?

He doesn't always kidnap Peach, either.  Or, whenever he does, he manages to do something else.

For example, take a look at Paper Mario for the N64; yes, he kidnapped Peach, but he also stole the Star Rod and planned to use it to grant evil wishes against the star kids.  That idea isn't stale, is it?  As far as I'm concerned, that plot has never been used before in a Mario game.

Paper Mario 2's story does include Bowser.  but, he does not kidnap Peach; he just tries to take the crystal stars, and fails.

And Bowser is a playable character in many games.  You can be him in the Mario Kart series, SSBM, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and I think in Toadstool Tour.

Below are the only games in which Bowser poses as a villain that kidnaps Peach:

Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 (and DS version), Sunshine, and Paper Mario.

I think about it, that's not really a lot of games that Bowser kidnaps Peach in.

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2005, 04:52:52 PM »
Couldn't have put it better myself.  I thought in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Bowser was more like a comic relief kinda guy.  He was just humorous in that game.

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
Actually, I miss Misty. She's ten times better then this new girl

Wait wait wait hold on a second...

Did you just say that with a straight face?

*Bursts out laughing and explodes*

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 08:49:17 PM »
I really liked how the Mario RPG's worked everything out. For once Peach wasn't a damsel in distress but actually a good female archatype, fighting alongside the heroes and using her brain powers to aid Mario. Though she did have some blond moments once in a while (read my sig.). Then there are the Mario RPG Series original villains. Smithy was the first REAL evil in the Mario games and he hid in a giant sword. Then I liked how they had female villains which is very astute since females in Mario's world are portrayed as innocent and in danger. Sure Cackletta was annoying...but *spoilers* Shadow Queen! OMG, she was awesome. The whole ending to TYD was a hard left turn from the Mario series. And it was just flat out cool with evil Peach. *end spoilers* Mario does need some new villains other than Bowser, but that isn't to say Bowser has lost his villain luster either, its just that variety is good.
We''re on the moon? You mean, the one that''s up in the sky?
~ Peach having a "blond moment" in Paper Mario:TYD

Print