raise one eyebrow at a time
20 (26%)
touch you toes without bending your knees
13 (16.9%)
wiggle your ears
6 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Physical Feats  (Read 5587 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« on: December 04, 2005, 08:01:22 AM »
I can raise one eyebrow at a time, on either side, though I am much better at doing in with my left eyebrow than with my right eyebrow.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 08:28:52 AM »
I can do something that's not on this list: turn my tongue upside-down.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 11:28:47 AM »
Whistling is a feat?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 11:49:41 AM »
I can do all that except for wiggling my ears.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 12:15:33 PM »
Same as Markio. I can only raise my left eyebrow when raised one at a time, not the right side, though. Although I can't wiggle my ears, I can wiggle my nose, which is interesting to do. XD

I'd say snapping one's fingers is more of a feat than whistling; I could whistle when I was 4, but couldn't snap 'til I was...hmm...11? ...Even more ironic is that I taught my bro how to snap his fingers before I, myself, was even able to do it. I could do the motions, but no sound would come.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 12:55:58 PM »
I can't wiggle my ears, and I can only whistle sometimes, everything else is a hunk 'o' pie.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 01:57:08 PM »
The first 3. I can turn my tongue upside down too. It feels weird because if you rub it from side to side because you feel your finger on the opposite side from where you touch it!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 01:59:57 PM »
Not only can I fold my tounge into one curl, but 2 or 3 curls also. Can anyone else here do that? (Just curious...)
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 02:02:05 PM »
Does it count as raising one eyebrow if I raise both of them and then lower one of them?

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 02:39:17 PM »
I can only do the first three.

Well, when whistling, I inhale, I cannot whistle while exhaling.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 02:41:07 PM »
I am able to do them all but wiggle my ears.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 02:49:05 PM »
I can whistle by inhaling and exhaling, and therefore I could whistle forever if I wanted to.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 02:52:16 PM »
Not if someone makes you laugh. Or if you want to ever eat or drink anything again. ;)
Try whistling when you're smiling or laughing; it's physically impossible, which makes you smile/laugh even more. Eheheh.

For the eyebrow thing, I raise my left one while lowering the right one; I'd say that counts, TEM.
I don't know if inhale-whistling counts, Vid...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 02:54:15 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 03:57:31 PM »
I'd edit the pole to add snapping your fingers and flipping your tongue upside down, but I apparently can't change the maximum number of votes to allow people to select everything, so it wouldn't be fair to people who could do all seven.  I consider whistling to be a feat, but not snapping fingers, simply because I can easily snap my fingers but I've never been able to whistle.

It might have also been interesting to add "write legibly with either hand".

I'm just curious here; I'm not very familiar with the locations of the muscles on the face, so I'm not sure that this is even theoretically possible, but...can anyone out there flare one nostril at a time?

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 04:08:18 PM »
I can do all of them except wiggle my ears. I consider myself . . .interestingly gifted. Yes. . .there you have it.

Print