Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart DS  (Read 4420 times)

« on: December 04, 2005, 08:27:47 PM »
On Mario Kart DS, I have read alot about it having EVERY level of EVERY game, but that's not true. Unless I have to unlock them some how. Can anyone confirm this? Also, how do I change the teams in Battle/VS mode?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 09:02:35 PM »
Ugh! "Alot" is two words-- A lot! More importantly, it is true that not all previous race tracks are in MK:DS. To change teams in Vs/Battle, press L or R.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 11:09:49 PM by Suffix »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 09:22:01 PM »
 The second part of your answer would have sufficed, Suffix. There's no reason to be so portentous about grammar, especially when it's a matter of one word.

Since when have the forums become so contemptuous?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 09:25:42 PM »
But it was of two words.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 09:29:35 PM »
One misspelled word.

You're missing the point, though. It doesn't matter if it's one or two words. It's not necessary to correct people every time they misspell. It's not only rude, but ridiculously arrogant.

I'm not trying to single Suffix out, as many people, including myself, do it. However, it really needs to stop.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 09:31:25 PM by Black Mage »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 09:31:21 PM »
I think he was trying to be funny.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 11:03:32 PM »
* Suffix takes a stab to the stomach

Partially, but I just hate to see a lot spelled "alot." It's one of my "problems" that I have to deal with. Also, how will people know something doesn't work naturally if they aren't informed? (somehow)

---

I'll remember that, DeadAwake.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 11:41:23 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 02:26:38 AM »
Hmm.  Maybe if you put the spelling correction at the end of your post, it would give it a nicer tone.  "By the way, it's spelled 'a lot', not 'alot'.  K, thnx, bye."
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 09:41:25 PM »
I apologize for the delay in my response.

I'm not saying informing people of their mistakes is bad. If they're grave or frequent enough, by all means knock yourself out. But when it's something of such little importance as the spelling of a word, it comes off as rather elitist. I'm sure you hadn't intended to come off that way, and I imagine you had nothing but good intentions. I was also happy to see you answered the thread's question, unfortunately, it wasn't requested that you proofread their post.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 12:17:09 AM »
Wow, this is funny... 80% of this topic is talking about gramar :D

But, actually alot and a lot are right. You just use them in different sentences. You say alot when you say something like, "I like you alot", and you say a lot when saying something like "That is a lot of games!"

EDIT: Oh, woops, sorry! I didn't realize this thread was burried! I was looking in unread posts and I saw this! ><

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 12:23:04 AM »
Ugh! "Alot" is two words-- A lot! More importantly, it is true that not all previous race tracks are in MK:DS. To change teams in Vs/Battle, press L or R.
And since I already reawakened this thread, I might as well ask:

Pressing L or R doesn't work. I mean to change the team that other characters are on and to choose which team you want to be on.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 12:32:30 AM »
Yeah... You can't change the team of computer opponents (except through luck and multiplayer). You can't even change your own team in single player.

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 09:21:15 AM »
The only solution is to go back and try again.

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 01:09:09 PM »
That's a little dumb... :(

I'm going to close this topic, mainly because Aarom11 has a topic now about help with Mario Kart DS.

Print