Poll

How do you say Emo??

eemo
5 (62.5%)
emo
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Print

Author Topic: How do you say it? If there is more ways too.....  (Read 7163 times)

« on: January 10, 2006, 06:27:52 PM »
I say emo...not that anything emo matters, I just wonder because some people I know say it differently.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 06:41:54 PM »
Emo.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 06:51:25 PM »
I've never heard anyone say it like "emo". Always "eemo"....must be an Iowa thing... :P
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 07:10:23 PM »
Wait, in forums or in real life? If it's in real life, I agree with led. The e sound is stretched out a little.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 07:16:17 PM »
Say it like you would saying "emotion", but cut off the "tion". That's where the word came from. :P

By the way, I think making a poll like this is against the guide lines.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »
Emo. Though I hate anything emo related and that includes emo kids themselves. What I would pay to see them all get punched many times a day.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 07:21:28 PM »
I pronounce it wusses.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 07:32:36 PM »
I hate people that hate a group of people and who want to hurt or see that group get hurt. Such violence. Such mean-ness. Okay, I hate the attitude, not the people. I don't hate people. I just worded that way on purpose for humor...or irony, or something.

Probably most people wouldn't be "emo" if people weren't jerks to them. Maybe. I don't like jerks. Nor do I like when people complain about everything and never have anything uplifting to say (yes, I realize I can be hypocritical in that area sometimes >_<). If anything, people need to help other people feel better, not worse. (Also note that criticism != insults, if used the correct way.)

[/rant]

Anyway, it's pronounced "EE-moh," not "eh-moh" or anything else. As Khold said, it's from "emotional."

And Mr. Wiggles, watch your attitude. In general, for anything. I'm getting really sick and tired of it, as are others. All you ever seem to do is insult things or give your opinions of what you hate. Try to say something POSITIVE (and non-sarcastic-ly positive) for once.
Edit: Same goes for you, Game Over, while I think of it and you're here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 07:36:14 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 07:43:20 PM »
Sheeh, as long as no one goes on like Yoshi used to, I think everyone is fine. We aren't little kids that get offended by someone calling us a stupid-head. We just like to have a little fun. Isn't the fact that we can't curse bad enough?

Anyway, seriously all Emos ever do all the time is whine and get mad at me for calling them Elmo.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 07:48:56 PM »
I just don't like emo kids views/attitude on life. They believe nothing's worth living for, which annoys me to no end. Plus they have their own store, which scares me.

BTW, would saying "Cena's no longer the champ. Hurray!" count as positive and uplifting?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 07:55:07 PM »
Elmo is cool!

Lalalala lalalala Elmo's World! Lalalala lalalala Elmo's World! Elmo's has a goldfish, his crayon too! That's Elmo's World!!!!!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 08:29:14 PM »
I'm supposed to be Emo, but not in real life.  In real life, I don't say much except "hi!" and "how are you?".  When I come here, I sometimes let people know that I feel about things.  Sometimes I read or watch things that are sad, because those things are cathardic.  I don't have a dim outlook on life, although I act that way sometimes.  I have only been to Hot Topic three times, each time to get a Mario-related shirt I knew was going to be there.  Otherwise, I don't really like the store and all the other things it has to offer, such as bad smell, weird lighting, bubble gum stuck to the change the cashier gives you, etc.  While I have feelings and sometimes want to express them, I am usually aware that not everyone cares about me enough to want to listen to how I feel, so I try not to break out in tears in the middle of a topic and perform some melodramatic monologue about the sufferings in my life.  Some people really do have sucky lives, and while everyone should be happy with what they have, sometimes bad things happen and they can't help but feel bad-- weird sentence, huh?  Just give people a break instead of thinking low of them.  Sorry if I've offended anyone.  I know how I can be offensive sometimes. 9_9
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 08:32:48 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 08:50:15 PM »
I'm supposed to be Emo, but not in real life.  In real life, I don't say much except "hi!" and "how are you?".  When I come here, I sometimes let people know that I feel about things.  Sometimes I read or watch things that are sad, because those things are cathardic.  I don't have a dim outlook on life, although I act that way sometimes.  I have only been to Hot Topic three times, each time to get a Mario-related shirt I knew was going to be there.  Otherwise, I don't really like the store and all the other things it has to offer, such as bad smell, weird lighting, bubble gum stuck to the change the cashier gives you, etc.  While I have feelings and sometimes want to express them, I am usually aware that not everyone cares about me enough to want to listen to how I feel, so I try not to break out in tears in the middle of a topic and perform some melodramatic monologue about the sufferings in my life.  Some people really do have sucky lives, and while everyone should be happy with what they have, sometimes bad things happen and they can't help but feel bad-- weird sentence, huh?  Just give people a break instead of thinking low of them.  Sorry if I've offended anyone.  I know how I can be offensive sometimes. 9_9

Uh-huh...wanna play with Elmo?

Hot Topic is funzizzle fo shizzle.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 09:28:03 PM »
Sure, why not.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 09:30:37 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 10:08:12 PM »
What Markio said was good, but I don't get upset very often. I also agree that they think WAY to much of themselves.

Actually, Hot Topic or Freestyles isn't an EMO store, they just like to sell excotic and gothic things. There's no such thing as
"EMO pants" either. They just wear women's jeans for some strange reason. That, I don't understand...

Not to affend anyone, but when ever I go to shop for some clothes(No, not every weekend XD), I sometimes see more guys buying jeans in the women's section than actual girls! Has other girl noticed that before?

Print