Poll

Do you like the Japanese or US SMB2 better?

SMB2J
16 (41%)
SMB2US
23 (59%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Print

Author Topic: Which SMB2?  (Read 7088 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 11:35:03 AM »
Phantos were scary!  Now they just increase adrenaline... not even, once you learn that throwing the key on the ground will make them disappear until you pick the key up again.  I guess I like SMB2US better, because it introduced new things, like all those new enemies that still appear, like shy guys and birdos.  SMB2J was alright, but it didn't offer much more than SMB.  It was more challenging, but as far as fun goes... it's a little less fun to me than SMB2US.  I also love both underground themes.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 03:53:32 PM »
US. Without it, Yoshi wouldn't have a partner, There would be no Shy Guy, and many other things like that. It was also a change of pace.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 04:21:56 PM »
Shy Guys, Birdos, Bob ombs, Snifits, Pokeys, pow blocks, all originated from SMB2.

POW Blocks originated in Mario Bros. arcade.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 10:19:18 PM »
Oh wait yeah. Everything else was from SMB2 right?

I played SMB2 on Allstars and until TMK I never knew it wasn't a "real" Mario game. It made no differnce though since it has been remade better than the NES counterpart.

Plus SMB2 varies more than SMBJ, or Lost Levels.
Senior Mariology professor

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 06:12:19 PM »
US because it is easer.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 06:24:04 PM »
I always liked SMB2US a lot even though it's really Doki Doki Panic. SMB2J (or Lost Levels) didn't really feel like a new game after SMB1 but more like an expansion. It sure is a great game though. If I had to destroy one of these games I'm afraid it'd be SMB2J so I pick SMB2US.
You just wasted previous seconds of your life if you read this signature which doesn't really contain anything interesting.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 08:46:42 PM »
Um, coolkid, don't bump topics. Anyways, I like SMB2J a lot better because it feels more like a real Mario game, and it's also a lot more challenging and fun.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2006, 09:43:34 PM »
I never thought Nintendo "stole" anything when they made US-SMB2.  They didn't take anything from Doki-Doki Panic; it IS Doki-Doki Panic.  It's not like we're forced to think that DDP and US-SMB2 are entirely different games and that Nintendo made a cheap move by changing some sprites; think of them as the same game, but with different sprites in different countries.   

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 08:08:50 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, Miyamoto worked more on DDP than SMB2J, correct?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »
Yes.....I think.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 12:43:59 PM »
US version all the way.  I'm not influenced by nostalgia becuase I was introduced to both games at the same time (Super Mario All Stars) and SMB2J was good but SMB2US was better.

Print