Print

Author Topic: Funny/Bad moments on other forums  (Read 15483 times)

« on: February 04, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »
Have you ever been to another forum? Have you ever had a bad or annoying time on it? Discuss it here.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:08:59 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »
Every moment of my activity on Super Mario Portal.
I'm a horrible person.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 06:08:11 PM »
I will usually go to other forums just to find information about something and then leave. If I stayed any longer than I need to, all the colors begin to confuse me. It is rather annoying.

Thankfully, the Fungi Forums are mostly black and gray.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 10:40:42 AM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 07:15:22 PM »
I went to VGDC.com, and Randy Solem was a jerk. I used to like him, but when I was almost banned by my hero, I lost respect for him. He didn't treat newbies with respect. Everyones gotta start sometime, right?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 08:45:04 PM »
I use to frequent the TV.com boards to discuss shows but that place was so overloaded with trolls and morons who wouldn't listen to reason that I just left. There was also that one guy named Zarius who was one of the most hated guys their and at other message boards I've visited. Thankfully he's banned from most of them now.

The Serebii boards were pretty fine as far as fanboards go. Unfortunately, every thread started to degenerate into regular members vs newbies flame wars or the same people complaining about getting certain pokemon through special events. Then the webmaster decided to fire the good mods, hire a bunch of random people and then adding so many new rules and giving every mod too much power, which broke the last straw and I quietly left.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 07:20:52 AM »
I had a bad time on DKvine. Need I say more?

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 09:25:59 AM »
I had a bad time on the neopets newbie (i'm 10 months ^_^_^) boards. Lets not get to what she was saying. Fine, here's what went down: I got cussed out for expressing the fact that all blonds were not dumb. Ignorant, aye?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:13:59 AM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 06:43:05 PM »
Get to what she was saying! Now I wanna know! :)

EDIT: To add something meaningful, forums that require that your post be read by a moderator REALLY annoy me. It seems that they restrict what can and can't be said, even if the post is within the bounds of the rules there.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 06:46:38 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 07:17:06 PM »
I've visited one other forum once, to get sheet music.  It was sad to see that my topic asking for a certain song was viewed nine times yet wasn't answered.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »
Wow, I just went back to Mario Portal (No idea why really.) and they did the wierdest thing to my fan-fiction I wrote ......
No I'm not going back, their forum's wrecked and they need to get lives and stop editing posts to make the members look retarded.
I'm a horrible person.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 01:02:42 PM »
You all know how rare a new thread from myself is, correct? About 4 months ago, on the forums for the Kingdom of Loathing (a community whose playerbase I respect, for the most part), I made a thread recounting a certain procedure in our college's billiards club that I disagreed with, namely that, for whatever reason, women (even those not in billiards club) were exempt from a $10 entry fee into their tournaments. I paralleled this incident, basically, into an analogous situation in society. After about 40 intelligent replies (some of which agreed with my message, a couple offered counterpoint), somebody went and posted something along the lines of "Why don't you stop whining, and learn to play billiards? Actually, if you're losing to a woman, just kill yourself." ... Not in those exact words, of course; there were plenty of unfounded insults this forum would not allow. Obviously someone didn't read the thread very well. After I explained that he missed the point (in a less than polite, albeit more patient than I could have been tone) and saying what the thread actually meant, he essentially posts the exact same message, in the exact same tone of voice, adding that "I need to do nothing but play billiards until I stop losing to women" after which I exploded, in real life, and broke a watch and almost my hand. I responded with a massive whirling of explitives (obviously the only language he understands) and that essentially killed the thread. WHat irked me is that he was basically telling me I deserved to die because he can't read a thread.

And even if that WERE my message, which it obviously wasn't, apparantly I deserve to die because I can't beat every woman in the world at billiards. I'd like to see how many people deserve to live compared to, say, Allison Fischer. I'd say about 3. If that.

I have not made a new thread on any forum I visit since, with the exception of the rules thread on this forum. And I visit about 6 forums regularly.
~I.S.~

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 04:17:23 PM »
here's what went down on the neopets newbie (im 10 months old O-o) form: I got cussed out for expressing the fact that blonds were not dumb. Ignorant, aye?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »
Wait, Neopets people consider you a newbie even after 10 months? I suppose I have a lot to learn about social behavior and the Internet. :-\
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 05:36:30 PM by MaxVance »

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 01:06:07 PM »
Sorry for reviving this, but check out this forum. Everyone here is flaming the troll. The troll can't let anyone have opinions.

Whoo hoo. It's getting more fun.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:57:02 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 02:45:58 PM »
DKvine here.  I don't think I need to say anymore, so I'll stop talking, I meen typing.
I only watch [adult swim]

Print