Poll

Who/What is your favorite non-human character?

Toad
5 (21.7%)
Yoshi
18 (78.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Non-human Character  (Read 11382 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 09:43:44 PM »
Hmmm...too hard of a decision.

Toads are hard-working, intelligent beings that serve the royal family of the Mushroom Kingdom; being awesome like that.  But Yoshis are fun-loving, also intelligent beings that simply roam the world, kicking back and relaxing.  This makes them cool as well....
I honestly can't pick. 
It's funny too, because I just got Super Mario Strikers, and for my team I always have it as Yoshi being the captain, and Toads as the other players.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 10:03:51 PM »
I didn't vote either. Yoshi is almost everyone's favorite Mario character, and he often has great roles in the games. So does Toad. Toads are people with mushrooms on their heads, that's awesome.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 12:05:45 AM »
It's funny too, because I just got Super Mario Strikers, and for my team I always have it as Yoshi being the captain, and Toads as the other players.

Can Toad be a captain in that game?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 12:32:32 AM »
Wait, toads don't have legs. The one thing I don't like about toads is thier physique... when I draw toads, I draw them like mushroom people. Like so:
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 01:53:48 AM »
Nice Mushroom person!

BTW, I've always wondered... what does a Bird Person look like? Not a photo, a Bird Person... some kind of half-bird half-person?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 02:20:24 AM »
I like Toad. He's so adorable. Heres a pic I drew of him (note that it has no reflection on my drawing by hand):

"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 03:37:54 PM »
I picked Toad. He's cool.

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 09:25:58 PM »
By the way, I didn't vote either.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 09:55:48 PM »
Perhaps "Mushroom Person" would be a nice new name for me... nah, too many name changes recently, and the mods/admins aren't granting requests anyway.

Edit: Heeey, I drew Macho Toad a while ago!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 09:57:34 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 11:42:45 AM »
I love Toad's scream in MK64.
His voice was creepy... That was the only game that had that voice for Toad, correct? I would've never expected his voice to be like that. Toad and Luigi both had undecided voices at first, it would seem. Bowser too, I guess. But some people wouldn't consider Bowser's first voice a 'voice'. It was really just a growl.

I picked Yoshi because he's cute! XD Some people thougt bad of Yoshi when he changed his voice. Some people, like my brother, prefered him to have his first voice. Like in SMW. I still think his new voice is adorable. ^_^

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 11:54:37 AM »
Here's what I think.....

I think Yoshi is a wonderful character; he's cute, kicks butt, and is always there for Mario when he needs him. Basically, he's Mario's side-kick. Miyamoto thought, "Instead of a horse, why not a dino?" It was a creative idea, in my opinion.

Toad is a mushroom and doesn't fight that often. He's really not all that important; his job is to protect the Princess, which he does badly. Mario wouldn't have to save her sorry butt if Toad just did his job. In my opinion, he should be used to blow up enemies with suicide bob-ombs, 'cause there are alot of Toads.

So there you have it. Toad is more of a sacrifice character, while Yoshi is a strong side-kick that Mario needs.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 03:45:49 PM »
I always liked Toad, I even find his annoying voice not annoying.  I liked Yoshi until the newer games where he's a bit too much like a kindergarten teacher.  You know, perfect manners, rainbows, appreciation of fellow people... sadly, it's what we should like but don't.

And hey, what about Bowser?  I like him more than Toad AND Yoshi!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2006, 03:52:21 PM »
I liked Yoshi until the newer games where he's a bit too much like a kindergarten teacher.  You know, perfect manners, rainbows, appreciation of fellow people... sadly, it's what we should like but don't.

You should see Yoshi in Super Mario Strikers.

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 12:17:17 AM »
Yeah, that's the only reason that Toad and Yoshi are a tie for me.  Super Mario Strikers.  He's actually like one of the guys for once.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 12:20:25 AM »
So, I guess Super Mario Strikers is good? I played the demo and got very confused (having had no previous soccer game experience, except that the ball goes in the goal.. Remember the movie the Big Green?)

Anyway, I was just more than slightly confused by it.. and why wasn't Toad one of the selectable team captains? Is one of them in the regular game?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print