Print

Author Topic: could this happen?  (Read 15478 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 07:35:04 PM »
I think the Mario games are fine the way they are.

As for the think about Sonic, the way our blue friend is now has caused the majority of his fanbase to be anime-otaku-type people, and the Shadow game was a stupid attempt to look even more mature. If they wnted a game like like that, they should have given it to Fang the Sniper.
Better a classic character than an overrated rip-off of the main character.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 08:39:51 PM »
Yeah look at MGS2 with stupid raiden ripping off Solid Snake!

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 09:02:22 PM »
The Mario franchise and its spinoffs are aimed for all ages.  For a while, the only games rated above E that you can play as Mario in are the SSB games.  SSBM was rated T (although I thought that was a little high), and SSBB will most likely be rated T as well.

I read on Wikipedia (in the article on DK64) that SSBM was rated T for violence with high-quality graphics. So it does sound like the next one will be rated T also.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 10:23:16 PM »
I still think that was a little high.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 10:24:43 PM »
Yes, I think so too. I'm just saying that apparently that was the grounds upon which ESRB gave it a T rating.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 06:49:30 AM »
Maybe the next one will be rated E10.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 08:24:08 AM »
yeah, the new E10 rating will allow kids to play games that are actually for teens, but who cares about the ratings?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 09:38:08 AM »
Too bad the E10 rating didn't exist back in 2001.  I'm pretty sure that's what SSBM would've gotten if E10 was arround.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »
true

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »
Well there's a K-A rating they could use...like on Crash Bandicoot.

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 02:06:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure K-A got retired in order to make way for E, especially since they mean the same thing. 

As for Sonic games getting more serious... it's pretty retarded, I've found.  The storylines are overblown and trite, the settings have almost NOTHING in common with the levels in the classic Sonics and the characters just seem so lame when they're all "OMG THIS IS SERIOUS DRAMA" especially since the majority of the characters are cartoon animals. 

Though, to be honest, my biggest problem with the recent Sonic games is not the "maturity" it's the fact that, well, they're terrible.  The 3D Sonics: Adventure, Heroes, etc. just aren't fun.  Sonic Advance and Rush, on the other hand, maintain the classically fun gameplay of the originals, while still having the "cooler" looking character designs, but without the crappy storylines and "serious business." 

In short... I like Mario and friends JUST how they are, and would be horrified if they went down the Sonic path. 
Haters gonna hate

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 02:13:20 PM »
once again, true

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 04:25:43 PM »
As much as I'd like to think it, the Sonic Advance games are NOT faithful representations of the classic side of Sonic. The level design is crappy and the gameplay doesn't have enough platforming implications. It's always hold right and hope you don't hit anything. Plus, they added a few useless characters like Cream(annoying and doesn't even fight on her own) and Blaze(an exact copy of Sonic).

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »
Not liking how all these games look or play is perfectly fine. Basing that negative opinion on the basis of the game not being enough like the first ones in the series is "Grade-A bologna". Do you really want these gaming companies to make the same game over and over with the same graphics and same exact gameplay? Do you have any idea how quickly you would tire of that? Nintendo and Sega should not be shunned for making their games fresh and different from game to game.

Not liking new games is okay, but not liking them purely because they have a new look or gameplay style is just plain stupid.

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 07:17:12 PM »
^ Remember everyone, listen to this man.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print