Poll

Would you want Mario's old peace sign or his new fist sign?

peace/victory sign
fist
Don't care
Print

Author Topic: Mario's Peace Sign  (Read 10736 times)

« on: May 29, 2006, 04:09:41 PM »
I've noticed since Super Mario 64 DS that Mario has replaced his peace sign with some new sign where Mario throws his fist up in the air. In my opinion, Mario should have his peace sign back because he's a lot cooler with it and it's an original pose. What do you think of Mario's new victory sign?
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 04:54:48 PM »
I'm not sure how to answer the question.  O_O
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 06:25:02 PM »
I voted for the peace sign,I like it when people (or videoGame characters) Enforce peace.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 06:29:57 PM »
I voted for the peace sign,I like it when people (or videoGame characters) Enforce peace.
I think it stands for victory, not peace.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 06:50:11 PM »
whatever, you know what I meant!

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

is for victory.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »
So...yes = peace sign, and no = fist thingy?
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 06:55:26 PM »
Grrrrrrrrr. THATS IT! I'm leaving these forums,you wont expect to see me for one hour!

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 07:07:53 PM »
The V isn't for victory.

It's V for vendetta
Senior Mariology professor

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 07:34:29 PM »
I think in Mario's case, the "Peace" sign is actually the "V for Victory" sign.  But yeah, I want the that sign back too. "Peace," "V for Victory"; they have the same hand gesture, so it can go either way.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 07:45:51 PM »
I like the victory sign. Mario is the original victory sign character. He made it very popular in the video game world.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 07:59:32 PM »
I think the poll would be more successful if instead of saying yes or no, since I do not know which is which,  you said "peace" or "fist."
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 08:22:20 PM »
That Victory sign has been around way longer than Mario.  I've seen a picture of Winston Chuchill with the Victory sign.  Back then, it had to have stood for Victory.  Then, sometime around the 60's, that 'V' sign became popular among the 'Hippies', who used it as a sign of Peace to protest against the Vietnam War.  Finally, a Japanese video game company (not 100% sure when Mario first started his victory pose with the 'V' sign) decided to make a sprite of their mascot flashing that sign.  Thus, the "V for Victory" sign became popular among gamers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 09:03:20 AM »
I'm saying that Mario has used it more than anyone else. He made it popular. Not some sprite.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 09:09:39 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 10:23:02 AM »
I was referring to a famous sprite of Mario.  The one from SMW where he strikes the 'V' Peace sign for his victory pose.  I like to strike the victory/peace sign whenever I accomplish something tricky on a video game.  Why?  Because it regained popularity with Mario and some anime characters frequently striking it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print