Print

Author Topic: What's for breakfast?  (Read 20191 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2006, 06:51:27 PM »
For one thing, you aren't stating facts.
For another, you aren't making good points.
That was a joke.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2006, 06:54:01 PM »
You are a perfect example for what I was just stating in my last post.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2006, 07:00:01 PM »
And it's because of the reasons I stated in my last post.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »
Erm, according to this article, the reason that skipping breakfast makes some people gain weight is because they tend to eat more for their other meals to "compensate" for what they didn't eat for breakfast -- not really metabolism. What surprises me is that this study says that skipping breakfast could lead to diabetes.

Although, the caveat for this article is that the study solely tested women.
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2006, 09:16:21 PM »
Over eating can lead to diabetes because your body has to work harder to deal with the extra food you ate, especially if the food contains a lot of refined sugars.  One proven (at least in mice and monkeys) ways to live longer is to eat less overall.  It also seems that eating more smaller meals could be benificial.  There need to be bigger detailed studies over a long time to tell how much of an affect it has in humans though.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 10:17:09 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2006, 06:02:42 AM »
Well for breakfast im going to be having a  bellpepper stuffed with chesse(high in vitamin c and calcium) and i will also be having some toast and EVERY MORNING i always have a nice green tea.Man that thing can to wonders on the body.Every body at my house has gotten this bug(flu) going around and i havent had any signs of it because greent tea contains antioxidants so I always feel refreshed in the morning!! ^_^
Que dios the Bendiga Eddie Guerrerro.
May God Bless you Eddie Guerrero.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2006, 07:36:21 AM »
Why would you want to be healthy? We're all gamers, so aren't we supposed to just sit on the couch and play our Mario games all day?
Mmmmmmm, butter toast for me.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »
Helps get rid of the stereotype.
Que dios the Bendiga Eddie Guerrerro.
May God Bless you Eddie Guerrero.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006, 08:44:36 PM »
I'm a gamer, aren't I?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2006, 09:34:56 PM »
This reminds me of E3 2005.
That was a joke.

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2006, 11:35:22 PM »
Man, fuzzy sure gets the shaft around here, even though he almost always says factual things.

Anyhow, here's from a university summary of 47 breakfast studies:

Breakfast eaters generally consumed more daily calories yet were less likely to be overweight, although not all studies associated breakfast skipping with overweight. Evidence suggests that breakfast consumption may improve cognitive function related to memory, test grades, and school attendance. Breakfast as part of a healthful diet and lifestyle can positively impact children's health and well-being. Parents should be encouraged to provide breakfast for their children or explore the availability of a school breakfast program.

EAT BREAKFAST.

My breakfast is always cereal + milk. Back at home my dad would periodically make pancakes. I like waffles the best but rarely get them. Those little weiners are awesome too. College food service was a good place to get them if I woke up early enough, which didn't often happen.

P.S. EAT BREAKFAST

Edit: Source -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15883552&query_hl=6&itool=pubmed_docsum
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:38:30 PM by Lizard Dude »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2006, 12:40:25 AM »
It's just that he posts things for the wrong reasons. And uses the wrong reasons to try to get people to listen to him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2006, 12:46:29 AM »
So bad PR.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2006, 12:50:32 AM »
I mean, I usually like to eat breakfast. It usually helps me start my progress throughout the day. But for instance my mom doesn't usually, because she isn't hungry then.
That was a joke.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2006, 06:59:30 AM »
Yes.

Back at home my dad would periodically make pancakes.
Heh, LD mentioned that, and my dad's making pancakes today, along with hashbrowns.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print