Print

Author Topic: Mario coming to a Happy Meal near you!  (Read 11917 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 09:52:42 PM »
Hey, it's not that bad!  Peoples' happiness is more important than the condition of their bodies.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 10:49:40 PM »
I'm afraid that's not true. Obesity is part of postindustrial-ness, which in turn is part of declining economy and productiveness. Eht's off t'the land of me ancestors as well! (not really)

Through this, the happiness of the people is selfish and hazardous to the future. Allow me to explain in a bit more detail...

Imagine if you had no video games, no internet, and your family was poor. First thing you think would be "I'm so unhappy, right?" This power is what's driving other countries to gain on the US in terms of productivity and breakthroughs. Who are our role models? Sports players? Movie stars? While exports can come out of these trades, they don't benefit us in any other way.

Holy cow, I sound like Insane Steve. Incidentally, my father is named Steve. But he's 20 years older, so no worries.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:54:20 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »
Ah, so true. I really wish we were all more active. (Ireland is looking mighty friendly right now.) Still, moving because I live amongst people who are inactive is stupid. I know some really thin and healthy inactive people anyway.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 04:54:20 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 04:40:25 PM »
Don't take my previous rant too seriously, though... On that particular day I was grumpy, had little voice, and was on a rant rampage. Actually, I think this was my last rant of the day, when I realized I sounded like Insane Steve. (whoops, almost typed inane steve-- not that it was intentional!)

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 04:53:40 PM »
Actually, I was calling myself stupid. I should have changed "you" to "I".

Sorry. XD.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 05:54:33 PM »
This morning I asked my mom if we could go to Mcdonalds later, because I wanted a happy meal.  I was half kidding, but she said that would be fine.  So I got a McNugget Happy Meal with apple juice!

As for the toy, I got a plastic Yoshi sitting down with his mouth open wide above him.  What you do is you put the plastic baseball in his mouth, slam down on the lever, and his tongue shoots out and hits the baseball up.  It's really fun, I can't wait to see what else I can make fly up two feet.

I am left a little shaken though, knowing I just ate Mcdonalds for the first time in a long time.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2006, 05:57:24 PM »
I felt exactly the same way back in April, when I was FORCED to eat Mcdonalds in over a year.

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2006, 09:36:07 AM »
Don't take my previous rant too seriously, though... On that particular day I was grumpy, had little voice, and was on a rant rampage.
Actually, I didn't take it seriously because there is no logical sequence whatsoever.  You're gonna have to elaborate if I'm going to understand... Anyway, Option A is fat and happy.  Option B is fit and miserable.  Since "happiness" is the net measure of one's satisfaction with life--while body type may be a factor--only the final result matters.  This simple proposal need not care about how many cars Ford loses to Toyota or how many low-labor jobs move to China.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2006, 12:13:16 PM »
Sad how we compete with foreign competitors, eh?

Anyways, after another meal at McDonald's (got the Choice, as I would still be hungry after a measley Mighty Kid's Meal), I was able to get that elusive Mario Power Tennis hammer & ball. Pretty cool, actually. And, if you can't hit the ball or anything, you can bonk someone in the head. *Mr.Melee hits everyone in the head with his Power Mallet*
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2006, 04:00:41 PM »
Actually, I didn't take it seriously because there is no logical sequence whatsoever.  You're gonna have to elaborate if I'm going to understand... Anyway, Option A is fat and happy.  Option B is fit and miserable.  Since "happiness" is the net measure of one's satisfaction with life--while body type may be a factor--only the final result matters.  This simple proposal need not care about how many cars Ford loses to Toyota or how many low-labor jobs move to China.

I have yet to meet someone who was happy being fat.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2006, 04:31:26 PM »
I've got the Mario Tennis (inflatable)Mallet and Ball
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2006, 07:22:44 PM »
Weird Al rules the universe.

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2006, 01:15:19 AM »
...Can't believe no one's mentioned that the commercial is incredibly similar to the Live Super Mario Bros. performance video that's been floating around the web for some time. I mean, they have it all down to the pause at the end of the commercial.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2006, 02:51:57 AM »
The beatbox guy is great on the website ads.

Print