Print

Author Topic: MKDS: Which Character & Kart?  (Read 3686 times)

« on: September 27, 2006, 11:45:29 PM »
I'm having problems on what combination to use. I often use Yoshi & Hurricane, but I sort of want to switch to Dry Bones & Dry Bomber, or Yoshi & Egg1. I know that some people might say Hurricane to be a bad kart to choose, but I'm kind of good with the kart(Just went against the Staff Ghost in Figure-8 Circuit, and gotten 1:34:900, and had gotten 2:06:885 against another Staff Ghost in Airship Fortress a few days ago.). I get hit by items, it takes some time to get it back to its full speed. With Dry Bones and the Dry Bomber, I'm not so well used to it, but I've used that combination to fix up some of the Grand Prix Cup ratings to two star rating (Egg1 & Yoshi is pretty much the same with Dry Bones & Dry Bomber for me.). The problem that annoys me the most is that those three can easily get pushed off the track... so I’m thinking of switching the characters to ones that are a bit heavier...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:51:49 PM »
The Dry Bomber is only useful when the Staff ghost uses it, believe me. I use Luigi out of fanaticism, but use Yoshi's kart because it's all-around good. Good for snaking, decent items, etc.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 04:42:20 PM »
Peach and Dry Bomber. :3
Sometimes I'll use the Mushroom kart that I can't remember the name which is good for catching up to players at a decent distance.
I'm a horrible person.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »
Yoshi with is standard is my choice kart/racer pairing.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »
Thanks a bunch. I choose Yoshi and Egg1. I tried Dry Bones and the Dry Bomber yesterday, but it didn't turn out so well (Kept crashing into the cars Mushroom Bridge and Shroom Ridge while against other players...). I guess I'd only use Yoshi and Hurricane against people who can't/don't know how to snake. I would't mind if anyone had anymore pairings suggested. I might even change the kart and character I'm currently using.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 01:26:43 AM »
I started out as Luigi + Vacuum.  When I unlocked ROB, I switched to him + Colorful Pentagon of Discs.

I hear from a very, very good player that Daisy + Egg is good for snaking.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 01:16:55 PM »
Mario, standard cart.

By the way, what's snaking? Is it the same thing as drifting?
"Noooo! My life's treasure! I would rather die than give up my life size Peach poster!"
-Some Koopa in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 10:19:52 PM »
It's drifting, but switching back and forth rapidly to be in a constant state of mini-boosting.

Print