|System: Nintendo 64
Developer: Camelot Software Planning
Release date: July 26th, 1999
ESRB rating: E
Players: 1 - 4 alternating
Memory size: 128 megabits
SRAM size: ?
Peripherals: Rumble Pak
Well, this is looking like a fun game. Lots of Mario characters playing straight-up golf; that is, no Mushrooms or Lightning Bolts (à la Mario Kart) or other items. Just pure, unadulterated golf. It will have the basic golf sim features, such as a wind indicator, club selection, shot power meter, automatic caddy, and hazards like water and sand traps. There will be a movable grid that you can place on the course to help you gauge where your shot will land, but don't forget to factor in the weather conditions.
Cast of characters
There are a total of 17 golfers in Mario Golf, and most of them will be hidden when you first play the game.
- Baby Mario
- five other characters, possibly all new.
- Tournament - Your character golfs solo for 18 holes. You'll get a coin for every stroke under par. It looks like once you get a certain number of coins you'll start earning trophies.
- Speed Golf - A "time trial" mode. You try to finish a course under par in the least amount of time.
- Ring Golf - Rings are placed on certain spots in the course. If you hit your ball through all the rings, and score under par, you'll earn a star for that course.
- Vs. Mode - This mode is you versus a hidden character. If you beat the character, you'll be able to use him or her in the other modes.
- Club Slot - A multiplayer mode where up to four players golf against each other. But, each player starts out with only four clubs. The gamers can earn more specialized clubs by playing a slot machine.
- Putter Golf - Miniature golf without all the gimmicks. The courses are shaped like letters and numbers.
The Mushroom Kingdom \ The Games \ Previews \ Mario Golf
The Games |
Mario Mania |
Copyright © 1997-2018 TheMushroomKingdom.net
Last modified Wednesday, 28-Feb-2018 10:20:28 CST