Print

Author Topic: Most underrated games  (Read 33148 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 04:13:40 AM »
M.C. Kids (NES)

I was playing this tonight and it rocks the house. It's better than SMB2.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal.  I know no one who has played it, but it still a good game for the computer.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »
I think Crimsonland for PC rocked so hard that no one has played it due to its rock level. It was like Asteroids, except you killed these aliens and zombies and zombie aliens and there was lots of gore and all these guns like this lightning gun that shot lightning and a rocket launcher that shot flaming rockets that were on fire and it was awesome.
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 03:37:22 PM »
Yeah, these are the games that are unappreciated; some people think they are total crap, but they are the best game ever to others.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 05:14:57 PM »
Bloody games with guns are some of the most popular right now, what are you talking about?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 09:20:30 PM »
You know what I mean.  One game to one person may seem like useless crap, but to someone else, it's gold.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 09:30:27 PM »
Really? 
* Luigison goes to dig up E.T. carts.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 09:40:07 PM »
I'd say ICO for the PS2.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 10:47:28 PM »
I don't think MC kids is underrated at all.  I agree that it's a great game, but I think the general consensus is that it's a great game (at least among those who know what it is).

I'd say Star Tropics for the NES is an underrated game.  It IS a great game, in MY opinion, but that is NOT the general consensus.  Many people didn't like it at all.  I loved it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 01:28:03 PM »
Ico was underrated at first, but now everyone in the universe is saying it's underrated, and it's beginning to become overrated. And in my opinion, it kind of is.
every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 01:35:20 PM »
 Have you ever played ICO, or are you just saying that because "everyone else" is saying the opposite?

ICO has its own fanbase, and within that fanbase it's appreciated, but its sales were never anything spectacular, and so, to the general video gaming audience, it's safe to say that it is "underrated."

If we're not going to specify our demographic, than you could make the case that any game is overly, or under appreciated.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 10:49:55 PM »
What were the average sales for "Clayfighter 2: Judgement Clay?"

That is a great (and maybe underrated) game.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 01:40:24 AM »
As I have said previous times, Majora's Mask is always overshadowed by Ocarina of Time, and I thought Majora's Mask was even better.

Though, Mischief Makers for the N64 was even more underrated, and I loved that game.

In agreement with people, I also thought the Pikmin series is great (a third game should be made, yes), and Diddy Kong Racing.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 12:49:17 PM »
Diddy Kong racing is a great game.  I need to rent it sometime.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 04:57:22 PM »
Did anyone ever beat the second quest (mirror balloons)? Because I sure didn't.

Print