Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369222 times)

« Reply #885 on: January 08, 2013, 07:42:51 AM »
I only recently got into Pokemon in the past couple months, but even I know that Pokemon X/Y is pretty much exactly what fans have been asking for. Except of course, having an adventure title on a home console.

Looking forward to it. Since my brother is also very interested in this one, we'll probably do it like we did Black/White and pick one for each of us. Right now I'm leaning more toward X, if only for the Legendary.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #886 on: January 08, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »
A frog starter!

Yay!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #887 on: January 08, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
haha, I almost always pick the water starter. That's a definite one for me, although the fire starter looked really cool too.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #888 on: January 08, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »
Graphics remind me of Dragon Quest IX. Not as bad as I imagined a main-series 3D release as being.

Questions: How will that Fire starter manage to carry on the tradition of being part-Fighting by its third stage? What's the Grass starter supposed to be, anyway? Seeing as the game's region is supposedly based on France, can we expect the evil team to surrender after the first battle? What are the chances of Froakie's final evolution being an ugly [dukar]blob like Seismitoad?

EDIT: People are theorizing Chespin will end up Grass/Dark, Fennekin Fire/Psychic, and Froakie Water/Fighting. Thoughts?

EDIT EDIT: I can't wait for Pokemon Z, in which a new city based on London will be accessible through an underwater passageway analogous with the English Channel.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:57:15 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #889 on: January 08, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
You know, when Pokémon stadium came out, I thought to myself, "Self, it would be super *****in if this was the combat to a real pokemon game. But those are always on handhelds, so that won't ever happen." And then I was sad.

It never occurred to me that handhelds would get powerful enough to make that a possibility.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #890 on: January 08, 2013, 07:37:18 PM »
From the trailer it looks like this has better/more animation than any of the console games ever had.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #891 on: January 08, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »
The combat seems to be what would happen if Pokemon Stadium and Smash Bros had a baby.

I like it!

But, they say we will get to see some of our favorites from past games.. Does that mean this one can trade/transfer between all previous DS Pokemon titles..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #892 on: January 08, 2013, 09:17:51 PM »
More than likely. The only games you can't do that with are generation 2 (G/S/C) to 3 (R/S/E/FR/LG), because the data structures for Pokémon were overhauled. You can have literally ten-year-old Pokémon still kickin' around in your new games.
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #893 on: January 08, 2013, 11:42:29 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #894 on: January 09, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »
Never underestimate a horny furry.

But, they say we will get to see some of our favorites from past games.. Does that mean this one can trade/transfer between all previous DS Pokemon titles..?

That's probably a reference to the regional Pokedex including some older Pokemon. No doubt it'll be possible to transfer Pokemon from B&W to X&Y.

« Reply #895 on: January 11, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »
How mad would you be?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #896 on: January 12, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
plot twist: all three starters become fire/fighting
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #897 on: January 12, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »
Plot twist: FROAKIE IS SPY.
Good sir

« Reply #898 on: January 12, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »
plot twist: all three starters become fire/fighting

Fire starter becomes Fire/Fighting, Grass and Water starters become Grass/Water and Water/Grass, respectively.

« Reply #899 on: January 13, 2013, 03:31:28 AM »
Remember fifteen years ago when everyone always complained, "They just title all the new games by slapping 64 onto it!"

I want a time machine to go back and tell them of their grim future where they're playing New Super Mario Bros. U and Pokémon Y.

Print