30-48, middle aged
1 (2.4%)
49 or over, old person
0 (0%)
I don't want to vote, I know something called privacy
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Print

Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 31615 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2007, 12:18:35 AM »
I guess I was thinking too much of the etymology of Zeus -> Deus (Latin) = God (English). Also the idea of the "main" guy.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 12:21:00 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2007, 09:18:49 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think "deus" in Latin meant "god", not "God" (as in, a god, not the Christian God, with a capital G). But then, I could be wrong. In fact, I probably am wrong. But whatever.
every

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2007, 10:47:14 AM »
Maybe the title of this topic should be changed since MattyG_33 isn't even here anymore.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 03:56:46 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2007, 01:50:01 PM »
What would that do? All we'd have is a different name for the thread, it'd still say it was made by Matty.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2007, 01:54:45 PM »
Just because a dude got banned doesn't necessarily mean we need to get rid of everything he was associated with. Just the offensive stuff.

Also I would like to point out that the correct spelling is "maybe".

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2007, 03:56:07 PM »
What would that do? All we'd have is a different name for the thread, it'd still say it was made by Matty.

No, what I mean is, this topic has been turned into the God topic. No one is actually saying how old they are anymore.

Sorry about the typo. It's a habit.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 03:57:48 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2007, 06:53:10 PM »
Ah. That reminds me of another thing that bugs me: Typo is short for typographical error. According to the definition of typographical error, a "habit" is not a typo. Recurring incorrect spellings are not accidents, it's ignorance of the correct spelling.

I don't mean to get all over your case, PaperLuigi. I'm just using your post as an example. I've seen plenty of other people make the same mistake.

Sorry for not contributing to the topic

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2007, 07:17:16 PM »
Some typos ARE common, though, particularly ones involving switched letters or pressing a key close to the one you want, such as "teh" (accidental, not purposeful) or "yuo." Everyone knows how to spell words like those (I hope), so they're typos because they involve a slip of the fingers. Just because one accidently does that pretty often doesn't mean it's not a typo.

One typo I seem to make from time to time is using "you're" when I should use "your." I definitely know the grammatical rule. It's kind of ironic because most people have the opposite problem, always typing "your," but more than likely it's because they don't know the grammatical rule, as opposed to making a typo.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:21:31 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »
Of course. However, in this particular case, "mabey" is hardly a typo. It involves three letters that are switched around, not two, and those three letters are not even relatively close to each other on the keyboard.

Also, I'm going to assume that people look at what they're typing. If this is true, that would mean people would catch such typos as "teh" and "yuo", fixing them before posting. The fact that "mabey" was not fixed after the post makes it more likely that it isn't a typo.

I could prove my point further but I need to go eat dinner.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:24:12 PM by bobman37 »

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2007, 07:24:22 PM »
True. Ironic, though, that you said "posing" instead of "posting." ;P
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »
I just caught that :P

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2007, 10:16:03 PM »
I remember that Khold also made that error. I think she once told me that that was the way they spelled "maybe" from where she was.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2007, 10:26:28 PM »
Yeah, I remember Khold spelling it that way too. I never pointed it out to her though.

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
I'm 17, almost 18.  It sucks for the most part, but I have a lot to look forward to.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »
I remember that Khold also made that error. I think she once told me that that was the way they spelled "maybe" from where she was.

Yeah, I remember Khold spelling it that way too. I never pointed it out to her though.

I think mabey she got that from me. We used to play ACWW together a lot back in the day, and I would often mispell maybe that way. I wonder if I was the one that started it here at the FF too, because I don't recall anybody mispelling it that way before I did it the first time..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print