Print

Author Topic: Toadsworths etiquette  (Read 6369 times)

« on: June 07, 2007, 11:11:36 AM »
I have been studying etiquette recently, and I happened to notice that Toadsworths greeting to Mario (Master Mario!) according to etiquette, means that Mario is 7 years old or younger. A child 7 years old or younger is normally called "Master (Insert child name here)" This is very strange....

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:48:02 AM »
Uh..........okay.

I highly doubt that Mario is 7 years younger than Toadsworth. The dude looks like he could easily be 50-60, while Mario is........I dunno, 30ish.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:49:42 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:58:23 AM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 02:27:18 PM »
I find it strange that he calls Mario "Master Mario", since you're supposed to say "Master" and then the person's last name (i.e., "Master Wilkins"). That's probably because Mario doesn't have a first name, but whatever.
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 02:29:38 PM »
What?  Both Mario's first and last names are Mario.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »
Don't you know anything?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 02:55:49 PM »
Mario is, like, the master of the universe. So Master Mario is fine.
And he's called him Master Mario (same with Master Luigi) since they were babies, seen in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 03:43:27 PM »
I highly doubt that Mario is 7 years younger than Toadsworth.
according to etiquette, means that Mario is 7 years old or younger.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 03:53:54 PM »
Oops.

I doesn't matter though, since Mario's older to begin with.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »
What?  Both Mario's first and last names are Mario.

No! I refuse to believe that on the grounds that I refuse to.

* Glorb covers his ears and goes "La la la la la, I'm not listening"
every

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 06:25:16 PM »
I always figured he called him "Master" because it was in the serveant stereotype and we all know how much the Mario series loves stereotypes.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 07:48:34 PM »
At first I thought it was weird that Mario's last name would be identical to his first, but I don't think it really matters.  He's a video game character; some cartoon characters don't even have a surname. (And Luigi Mario has a nice ring to it)  Also, 'Mario' is not necessarily the bros' official surname; it's just the most widely accepted.
I don't really understand why Toadsworth says "Master Mario," but I don't spend my time investigating a video game character's etiquette.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »
Glorb I think that's why they are called The Mario Bros. I think we can all agree that The Mario Bros's last names are Mario, like it or not! I also thought that someone called a man "Master" Because they aren't married... Yet.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 08:25:39 PM »
One could also argue that the title 'Mario Bros.' symbolizes Mario's position as the leader figure; Luigi is a little shyer than his older brother, but I go with the 'Mario is their last name' side because it seems the most likely.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 08:38:49 PM »
I thought "Jumpman" was the family moniker.

Print