Print

Author Topic: The REAL Astronaut Story  (Read 11917 times)

TEM

  • THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:28:29 AM »
You are an astronaut about to launch for space adventures. As normal, you are woken up by a NASA employee via intercom. You get out of your bunk at the NASA facilities located at the launch site and get dressed.

What do you do next?
0000

WarpRattler

  • Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:37:21 AM »
I find out what, if anything, I can eat for breakfast. A traditional astronaut breakfast is probably out of the question since the launch is today.

Rao

  • Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »
I start to get nervous, and contemplate if this is really what I want to do with my life.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

TEM

  • THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
I start to get nervous, and contemplate if this is really what I want to do with my life.

You begin to go over your options. You have a buttload of sweet, sweet astronaut money in the bank so you can go almost anywhere. You are in Florida, USA and you have a car. You have a spacesuit and with a bunch of sweet technology on it. But you remember that your mission is very important and involves investigating strange things happening in space.

Your superior officer tells you via intercom that they are ready to launch and await your arrival at the loading bay.

What do you do?
0000

WarpRattler

  • Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »
The government could probably freeze my assets if I deserted...they'd probably stop me before I got off base if I tried to drive out...a spacesuit is pretty noticeable, and I'd lose all the sweet technology if I ditched it...and investigating stuff in space has been my lifelong dream.

I head to the loading bay, still nervous and wishing I had been able to eat breakfast.

Black Mage

  • HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59:09 PM »
After weighing the importance of investigating peculiarities in space against continuing to live a sweet, sweet astronaut money fueled life on Earth I take a gamble and formulate a plan to utilize the space shuttle to escape from the shackles of the working world.

Glorb

  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 02:42:57 PM »
I chew bubblegum, realizing full well that once I run out I will be forced to kick ass.
every

CrossEyed7

  • i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 03:07:28 PM »
I use my astronaut money to make my own space shuttle. With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget making the shuttle.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

  • THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »
After weighing the importance of investigating peculiarities in space against continuing to live a sweet, sweet astronaut money fueled life on Earth I take a gamble and formulate a plan to utilize the space shuttle to escape from the shackles of the working world.

You head to the loading bay with the plan of hijacking the space shuttle to escape NASA drudgery. You salute your officers and fellow astronauts as you board the shuttle for your solo mission. Half way to the edge of the Earth's atmosphere you turn off all communication systems and direct your course to Neveda where you have a cache of highly liquid gold bullion that you cleverly invested the majority of your assets into years ago. After a few hours you run out of fuel and are forced to land in a flat stretch of unknown land in the American Southwest. 15 minutes after getting off of the shuttle you see a helicopter and two Jeeps advancing on your position. You turn on your suit's cloak device as the Jeeps pull over and the helicopter land. Your suit only has enough energy to cloak for 5 more minutes before needing to auto-recharge for 1 hour. You have no weapons on your person and you don't know exactly where you are.

What do you do?
0000

SolidShroom

  • Poop Man
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 06:16:12 PM »
Stow away in one of the jeeps.

Turtlekid1

  • Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 09:24:14 PM »
While the helicopter's pilots are outside looking for me (I assume that's what they're there for), I steal the copter and fly away, but not before getting rid of all the tracking devices installed on or inside it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 11:29:42 AM »
I realize the dudes will see my footprints if I run, so I activate my suit's jetpack and hover a foot off the ground over to one of the jeeps and rummage through its trunk.
every

TEM

  • THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 12:04:32 PM »
Stow away in one of the jeeps.

You stealthily climb into the back of a Jeep and get as small as possible. A few hours pass by and more vehicles arrive, At that point the Jeep you are hiding in begins to move and travels for a few hours until it arrives at a small tourist town. The Jeep parks on the side of the road near the town square. The people in the Jeep get out and walk away. You are alone in the car and from what you overheard the two guys in the Jeep saying they don't know where your ship came from and are unaware of your existence. Lots of people are walking around on the sidewalks and it appears to be about 1 PM.

What do you do?

0000

Turtlekid1

  • Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »
Find somewhere to stow the space suit so I can masquerade as a normal person and buy supplies.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

  • Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »
I take off my suit and replace it with the bad guy fatigues, then climb out. "Oh my god," I say to the bad guys, acting confused, "I can't believe you guys locked me in that trunk! Some friends you are!"
every

Print