Print

Author Topic: Weird Posts  (Read 18246 times)

« on: September 27, 2009, 08:54:57 PM »
Over the last few days, if I've had a post that was longer than the post window's size, the bottom most line wouldn't fit on the screen and the post window would jump to and from the bottom line with every character that I type.

What is this and how do I fix it?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
Same here. Started noticing it about two months ago for me, but never really cared too much. I'm assuming it has something to do with an update?
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:28:49 AM »
To add to the posting mystery, for the past few months or so, every time I go to preview my post, it doesn't put the preview box above the editing window like it normally should; the editing window overlays the post and the preview window falls behind it all, so my text gets blocked out... very annoying when I'm trying to find any HTML errors.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 04:11:58 PM »

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »
Clever. It sucks that we don't see post puns nowadays as often as we used to.

I haven't had any posting problems. For reference, what browsers are those who are having problems using?

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »
I'm using Internet Explorer.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 05:59:14 PM »
I use Google Chrome now and Internet Explorer as a secondary browser.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »
I'm using Internet Explorer.

*Braces for [dukar]storm*
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 07:23:57 PM »
To add to the posting mystery, for the past few months or so, every time I go to preview my post, it doesn't put the preview box above the editing window like it normally should; the editing window overlays the post and the preview window falls behind it all, so my text gets blocked out... very annoying when I'm trying to find any HTML errors.
I've noticed that in Chrome, but only when I add a big image or something to the post while I'm already on the reply screen. If I put the pictures in the Quick Reply box and hit preview from there, it works.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »
I haven't noticed any of these issues with Firefox, but sometimes have to use IE for other reasons.  I did have a problem with a Firefox beta, but that was resolved. 

Clever. It sucks that we don't see post puns nowadays as often as we used to.
Thanks, hope this doesn't start some unbearable copy cat trend.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 07:55:54 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 08:27:40 PM »
Well, at least we've got both ends of the spectrum now.

As if we didn't have enough examples already.

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 08:58:54 PM »
That was actually pretty witty. I wish that I'd had a picture like that handy.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 11:14:51 PM »
A year from now the only posts on this forum are probably just going to be pictures. Topics will be a picture, with each reply being another, somewhat related picture.

Unless Deezer bans pictures.
every

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »
Fungi Forums, circa 2010:
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print