Print

Author Topic: Mario abuses animals!!!!!!!  (Read 8591 times)

« on: June 09, 2002, 05:05:23 PM »
I was gonna post this when I first noticed it, but I've been busy. But here it is now:

heh heh, play some smw and hop on yoshi and press Y. you'll see what I mean.

(If you're a retard, look closely at yoshi's head!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

you really dont know, do you??

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2002, 09:58:28 PM »
Wow, I guess I wasn't the only person to notice this...

I saw this one day when I was bored and it gave me the [wtd]?!?! response; I mean, Mario just SMACKS Yoshi across the back of the head for no apparent reason... (sorry if I spoiled it) and then he ditches Yoshi to get the 2nd Cheese bridge exit... What gives?

Mario needed to treat Yoshi with more respect in SMW, I mean, it is impossible to get the Valley of Bowser 4 ----> Star Road 5 Exit without him. Without that, there is no 96, and without a 96, I no longer have a perfect score on my file :(............

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2002, 02:15:20 AM »
I always thought Mario was pointing, not smacking. Well, I still think he's pointing.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2002, 07:34:35 AM »
no no no....Mario's arm has a definate left to right motion, and yoshis head moves forward, with his tongue sticking out. he was definately smacked

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2002, 09:04:56 AM »
I believe for a fact that he's pointing though tere is a chance it could be wrong, I mean, how can you come to the conclusion that he's smacking Yoshi, when his hand is 16 square pixels?
Uh... Hi!

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2002, 09:05:01 AM »
I believe for a fact that he's pointing though tere is a chance it could be wrong, I mean, how can you come to the conclusion that he's smacking Yoshi, when his hand is 16 square pixels?
Uh... Hi!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2002, 10:31:25 AM »
I always thought Mario pointed to the objects he wanted Yoshi to eat... If he does smack Yoshi, then why doesn't Yoshi just turn around and slurp up Mario's hand?

Poor Yoshi... at least Kirby doesn't have to suffer this kind of abuse when he eats things!

------------------------------
"I am the mighty Shigeru Miyamoto! You will all bow down to me, for I am the God of videogames!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2002, 02:03:45 PM »
Yah, you see Mario's hand come down on Yoshi's head.  His head goes down and his tongue comes out.

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2002, 03:34:33 PM »
hold on, I've got a few pics...I didnt capture this one, but when mario has is hand raised (almost right when you press Y) Yoshi is looking back at it and I can swear nintendo tried to put a look of fear on his face...I'll post the URL with the pics in about 20 mins.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2002, 04:08:34 PM »
My end of the argument can be found at my old site : http://www.geocities.com/slaggadin/pictures.html

I had incontrevertible evidence, unfortunately my digital camera sucks and the battery was dying. But its still some pretty **** good evidence!

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2002, 04:48:41 PM »
 I beg to differ.

Yoshi "Smack" 1: "notice Mario's hand on the side of Yoshi's cheek, and Mario's body beginning to turn to the right."

Granted, Mario's hand is on the side of Yoshi, and his body is turned to the right a tad. None the less, Mario could still very well be pointing.

Yoshi "Smack" 2: "First, ignore the thing on Mario's hand/behind Yoshi's eye. Thats the result of my ****ty digital camera with a rapidly dying battery. Mario' bdy has definately begun to turn to the right, and Notice how the hand is higher and at an angle more towards the left."

Mario's body has made no change what so ever. He has not moved at all since picture one. He is no more turned to the right than before, just look at the two images, the exact same sprite. I also notice no change in elevation. His hand has stayed the same, where Yoshi's head has gone down. No movement of the arm or hand. I don't see a change in angle either, considering it's exactly the same as in the first picture. His arm is in a straight line, no angle to be seen.

Yoshi "Smack" 3: "Notice how the head is down and sticking out. Most importantly, notice how Mario's hand is underneath his chin. His arm isn't being drawn back to his side, IT'S GOING ACROSS HIS CHEST!!"

Yoshi's head is also, in the exact same position as in image #2. His head is no lower than before. I can see where you would think his hand is making the turn, but I still believe it is being drawn back. Notice the bend in the elbow, that is where it makes his arm seem to be making the motion around. But, in either of the two images before, a bent elbow is absent. His elbow would have had to bend before image 3, but no sign of it has been shown. I see his arm being drawn back in a casual fashion.

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2002, 07:25:11 PM »
Ah, thats some excellent reasoning, but I checked the pictures again.

notice how in YoshiSmack1, the arm extends like this : ===O, a straight line. But in YoshiSmack2, The arm starts off skinny then gets fatter near the wrist, making it appear to be sticking outwards to the right.

If I can find an animated GIF of this, I'll put that up too.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2002, 08:21:01 PM »
well, I proved myself wrong with a not-so-good animated GIF I made (well, pretty good for my first try). Small Mario doesn't smack Yoshi...but I still think big Mario does... Oh well, you can find the evidence against me here: http://www.geocities.com/slaggadin/YoshiSmack.gif

BUT, notice the look of fear on Yoshi's face here: http://www.geocities.com/slaggadin/Image3.gif

makes you wonder, doesnt it?

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2002, 02:16:29 PM »
Don't let's forget the evidence from the game Yoshi! on the NES:

http://www11.brinkster.com/yoshisan/ex/yoshi1.gif
http://www11.brinkster.com/yoshisan/ex/yoshi2.gif

I dunno, it's still rather hard to tell.  I personally always saw it as Mario hitting Yoshi, but I think I've seen an illustration somewhere that appeared otherwise...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2002, 03:55:53 PM »
now THAT proves yoshi gets CRANKED!!!! in the first, mario has is face to you (and yoshi still has that look of fear), but in the second, mario has his hand right on the back of his head, which proves nothing, right? maybe he is pointing. WRONG. look how Mario is facing to the left now, as if his body is turning to the left. Thats a CRANK!

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

Print