Print

Author Topic: Gamer's Haven Inc.  (Read 50323 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2003, 07:05:21 PM »
Hmm...I don't know. I'd have to get the consent of the others. >_<

How about we add your site to our links? Grrr....We still need to add jon's.... Ack! This is so frustrating!! >X(

Oh, and I tried making a nav bar, fellow staffers (it's in a testing page I made called, well, 'testing,' BTW), but it turned out all wrong. :(
Mario Master, help!

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2003, 07:08:13 PM »
 You see, though, if you create each of those pages with the Layout already in place, it takes very little work. Just a matter of copying over already determined code.

Frames work well, in theory. However, they often are quite disrupting to the design and are an eye-sore. That's not to say they can't be well done, no sir, but more often then not, they're not so good to look at.

With the Navigation on a side, or where ever it is decided to be, it can easily look in place with the rest of the layout. Also, it's true, if your site does become large enough, you may have a lot of room on your hands. However, that's where a good layout comes into play. If you're ready for that, it's no hassle. It just takes some fancy Image mapping.

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2003, 07:17:12 PM »
You could use a single Javascript source file for a nav bar and use it on every page for the space saving, plus you could use dynamic image changing with Javascript. If you need anything Javascript-wise, I'm your man.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 6/24/2003 6:18:03 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2003, 09:49:59 PM »
Ok, so FINALLY you're taking off that music! Whoo hoo!
Anyways, Pagebuilder sucks for 2 things-you cant overlap stuff and it slows your computer like there's no tomorrow. Otherwise, it's GREAT for non-HTML people! Oh, and a bar on the left is better than what you were doing....
Plus, you should put in more sections in your site. The big deal 'bout your site is the fan stuff and that's it!

"Grrr, we have to add in jons! So frustrating!"

What's the matter? My site's cool! It's probably the best Geocities Mario site out there! I put in a new format on some parts. Check out the site-it might help you guys!
Mariotendo

Oh, and another thing-you know that menu thing that Sapphira wants to make-well, how do you get it on everypage? I don't know how to make it on every page!

Oh, and working with 4 people is hard-that's why I chose only one person! ME!

-----------------------------

Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!

Edited by - jon on 6/24/2003 8:51:14 PM

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2003, 09:28:12 AM »
I *meant*  it's frustrating yhatwe haven't gotten a link to your site up yet.

To get a nav bar up on every page, simply copy-paste the HTML information into your other pages.

I *WANT* to put in more sections. See page 7 of this thread.

...Wait, I think I may know how to fix my attempted nav bar... Lemme see...

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2003, 09:33:58 AM »
Oh, hey, your site's really coming along now, jon! Lookin' good. One problem though. Affiliates are sites that have agreed to link your site to theirs and their site to yours (actually, moreso, you and them both have agreed to become affiliates.)  If they haven't agreed or you haven't even talked to them, then you must put them as links, instead.

Just trying to help you out. ;)

--------------------

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2003, 10:17:28 AM »
Ok, what I've got so far is:
-No more music
-Add a navigation bar
-No frames
-Add more sections

Got it.  Though it'll take a while, so I'll have to close the site. :(

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2003, 10:45:50 AM »
Hang on, I just made a nav bar and took off the music. It's at testing.htm. Tell me what you think, and I'll use it. Actually, nevermind--I'll just use it anyway, since I got your approval.

--------------------

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2003, 10:47:06 AM »
Hold on a second!  I'm making a FLASH nav bar right now!

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2003, 10:50:04 AM »
I still suggest using it as a frame, so long as it's less than a page's length and you don't have to scroll that frame to see all of it. Why? Because with your current one, you have to scroll down to use some of it.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2003, 10:51:23 AM »
Well I'm making a flash one, because I don't know how to put frames in yet, and I don't want to.

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2003, 10:56:10 AM »
Nevermind, the flash takes WAY too long to load.

« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2003, 10:56:56 AM »

« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2003, 10:58:58 AM »

« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2003, 11:05:30 AM »
Whoever's working on the site better hold on a bit, cause I'm recreating it.

Print