Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 76098 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2005, 11:26:28 PM »
Weird. Since I heard about Super Size Me, I haven't wanted to eat at McDonalds. I still think I don't mind their fish sandwiches.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2005, 11:46:11 PM »
The worst fish sandwich I ever had was from a Burger King when I was college.  I hadn't at in many hours and had to go to a chemistry class soon so I picked up a fish sandwich and ran back to campus.  In class I opened up the wrapper and took a big bite hoping to finish the sandwich before the teacher came in and...  It tasted awful.  Like raw fish.  I spit it out and looked at the sandwich to see a whole raw fin sticking up in the middle of it.  I haven't ate a fish sandwich from Burger King again and don't plan on ever doing so.  I'd rather eat dirt.  Maybe I could/should have sued.

Fish is normally good for you.  Especially Pacific wild salmon and other high omega-3 and low mercury fish, but with processed fast food sandwiches you literally never know what you are going to get.

Anyone know any "good" places to eat in LA/Burbank?

Edited by - Luigison on 3/9/2005 9:57:47 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2005, 12:16:32 AM »
We have to eat at the Farmer's Market at least once.  Good cheap food and something for everybody.

« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2005, 12:39:06 AM »
> And anyway, when you go to a city, you should try as many of the good restaurants as possible. Why go to a place that you have back home when you've got all sorts of REAL, good food around?

Perhaps because I have virtually no appreciation for "good" food. I just eat it so I do not die. I understand what you folks are saying (I've been trained not to complain about expensive fancy food by stern constitutions) and will gladly eat anywhere. The McDonald's thing was never a deviant plan or even serious plan to me. I was just noting that I would still eat McDonald's after seeing Supersize Me and then Watoad mentioned that we should eat there together. But I don't seriously think it's a good idea, except in rushed circumstances.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2005, 07:11:13 PM »
I would say that Super Size Me and/or other persuasive materials have had an effect on people around here. Sheesh. Not eating at McDonald's is fine with me, but I have yet to be convinced that it serves food made of stuff found in between its employees' toes or something. I used to have a calorie and fat counter book, and I recall that on average sandwich places like Subway and Blimpie had worse numbers than McDonald's. (But I may remember incorrectly.)

My proposal was more of a friendly gesture to Lizard than anything else. Don't start thinking that I'm dying to eat fast food with you guys. That would just be weird.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, here's the reason I'm posting right now instead of studying for finals. I decided to go on a photo-shooting safari for you guys at school today, and the pics are ready for viewing. Rather than burden this post with all of them, though, I made a simple web page just for them. You can get there by clicking either the link above or the Fungi Forums-exclusive teaser shot below. Enjoy! :)

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2005, 07:24:40 PM »

I have not seen Supersize Me, and its contents haven't persuaded me to not eat at McD's.  Their food spoke for itself long ago.  Incidentally, the infamous McChicken-head incident happened a block from where one of my friends lived.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2005, 10:14:41 PM »
Eewww. After reading about the chicken head and similarly gross fast food stories, I don't think I will be eating out anymore.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2005, 11:04:12 PM »
Watoad: Spring seems to come very early for you. It Snows like, every other day here, now. I won't be able to see bright leaves on trees for another few weeks.

MEGAߥTE: That picture has been haunting me ever since I came across it a few years ago. I always gag when I see it. That's also one of the numerous reasons why I hate McDonald's.

goodie: Not all fast food places are bad; just McDonalds...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2005, 03:18:36 PM »
Hating McDonald's because of the McChicken-head is stupid. That is literally a one-in-a-billion error.

Hating it because you don't like the food is fine, of course.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2005, 04:52:16 PM »
"Hating it because you don't like the food is fine, of course."

That's why I don't like it. Not from the "Supersize Me" video or the chicken-head thing (I haven't even seen the video yet, actually). I don't like McD's 'cuz they douse on the mayo (I know I can order it without), everything--all of their food--tastes greasy...and it's just....blech.
About the only thing I can handle are the very basic small hamburgers and a few fries. Even then... :S

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2005, 05:46:56 PM »
That was a great photo-safari, Watoad! And I know what you mean about an "underwhelming winter," of course. It was 78 degrees yesterday.

« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2005, 09:01:08 PM »
LD: I said it was only one of the numerous reasons why I hated McDonalds. I also hate the food.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2005, 09:54:45 PM »
I found another place to visit in L.A.

« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2005, 08:33:51 PM »
I'm 100% sure I can go now. Gimme a ticket. :D

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2005, 02:44:09 PM »
If this doesn't cost too much, we should try to hit this too... If it's like Dear Friends, just buy extra tickets and eBay them off, which will more than pay for your own tickets and perhaps the entire trip...

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 3/18/2005 12:45:03 PM

Print