Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 76229 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2005, 11:02:51 AM »
Wow, you guys are incredible! It almost sounds like we might end up with enough tickets after all. This is very encouraging. Thanks for putting so much effort into it! ^_^

May I ask what an NT account is?

About the concert, things are getting better there, too. When the time comes to sell our tickets, I figure we may as well auction them at different times so they aren't competing with each other for bids. If we do, then I'd be happy to go after you do because I'm planning to offer free overnight shipping with mine.

No more MEGAߥTE? ASCII support messed up again?

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #241 on: April 14, 2005, 12:55:07 PM »
Heh, May 18 is the first day of E3 and also my birthday.  I should get tickets just for that!!

It's nice to finally learn how to get tickets.  Maybe some day I will get my own site on GamePlanet and then I could go with all of you! :D  That is, if anyone wanted me to come.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/18/2005 12:40:55 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #242 on: April 14, 2005, 06:00:37 PM »
Well, I tried to get more, and I asked if NT accounts were required, and this was my reply.

"I can get you 2."

So that's where we are now. Looks like I need to try (for the third time) to get Gamespy to set up two NT accounts for Chup or Sapph I guess, then you guys can trade off.

« Reply #243 on: April 14, 2005, 06:05:37 PM »
Watoad, if you ever want the latest info, just go to that one chatroom. Someone is always standing by who could inform you of whatever is going on. We always complain how the only purpose this thread anymore is to post info for you (we do this complaining in the chatroom, of course).

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #244 on: April 14, 2005, 06:57:51 PM »
No one is complaining about posting the information for me.  I use this thread, and seldom go to chat due to my Verizon problems.  We're going to switch to cable soon.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #245 on: April 14, 2005, 07:04:33 PM »
Are you sure it's Verizon?  I use Verizon and don't have any problems...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2005, 07:15:02 PM »
I love my Verizon cell phone service.

The internet drop off I'm getting with the JAVA and mIRC chatroom may be for some other undetermined reason.  It could be a problem with the network hardware, or DSL modem.  I never had a problem with the network on cable before so that leads me to think that the problem is with Verison or the modem they sent me.

My webpage load times have greatly increased with FireFox.  My wife was suprized when FireFox loaded four different websites (could have done more) while IE still hadn't loaded the first one.  I just wish I could upload faster and my large download never had to restart, but the worlds not perfect.

Sorry for using this thread to vent.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #247 on: April 14, 2005, 08:33:31 PM »
> Watoad, if you ever want the latest info, just go to that one chatroom.

When I first read this, I laughed. You know, because asking me to go into the chat room is almost as nuts as trying to resist the Borg. But then I saw . . .

> We always complain how the only purpose this thread anymore is to post info for you (we do this complaining in the chatroom, of course).

. . . that The Fungi Forums' Downfall has finally come, even if not for the reason(s) that I was excepting. *sighs* Ah well . . . I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Okay, I'll take your suggestion and just hit the chat room up for some info. Whenever I have two free hours on my hands.

> I love my Verizon cell phone service.

I pretty strongly dislike mine. Cingular was much better. But not having a cell phone was even better than that, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

> Sorry for using this thread to vent.

Don't worry, Luigison. It isn't good for much else anymore.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

« Reply #248 on: April 14, 2005, 10:27:30 PM »
No, Watoad. If you feel that you urgently need info, pop into the chatroom, ask whoever's there (someone is bound to be), and then leave. 5 minutes, not two hours. We'll kick you if you stay for 10, whatever it takes.

This thread is still perfect for posting addresses, flight schedules, things that we want set in stone somewhere, etc.

Chatroom is infinitely better for discussing plans, though. And ways to get E3 tickets.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2005, 08:30:33 AM »
IMPORTANT

Unfortunately, I only found out about this possibility yesterday, but maybe some of you will be able to do it.

Student registrations are reviewed and accepted on a case by case basis.
All registrants will be required to show evidence that they at least
eighteen years old. Student registration MAY NOT apply online. It is best
to mail them all together.

Submit all applications from the same department at the same time. To
apply submit the following:
1) completed registration form for each student (download from e3expo.com)
2) a copy of the current student ID.
3) a copy of the most recent transcript showing work in the field.
4) an original letter on school letterhead from the department office
or a professor in the program that:
a) Lists the names of all of the students.
b) Indicates their area of study by group
and if not obvious, how it relates to the gaming industry.
c) Includes contact information (E3 will follow up on these.)

I suggest registered mail so you have evidence that it was delivered, but
it is not required.

E3 show management will review the submissions, follow up on applications
that meet their criteria, and forward the approved applications for entry
into our system.

If the application is approved you will recieve an email when
your form is entered into the system. It is important the the registration
forms are very clear and the email is legible.

I think registrations have to be in TODAY, which is the problem.

Fax is 508.875.7364
Form is http://www.e3expo.com/assets/pdf/Attendee_Registration.pdf

« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2005, 05:36:16 PM »
I got tickets. I think the leaving LA time might be too early (my dad did it). These can be changed no problem until Monday morning so feel free to comment what will be going on Friday night.

Leave Great Falls at 12:52 PM on Monday, May 16.
Arrive in Salt Lake at 2:14 PM
Depart for Burbank at 3:10 PM
Arrive in Burbank at 3:55 PM Western time

Leave Burbank at 4:25 PM Western on Friday, May 20
(NEED TO BE AT THE AIRPORT AT LEAST 2 HOURS EARLY FOR SECURITY)
Arrive in Salt Lake at 7:25 PM
Depart for Great Falls at 8:25 PM
Arrive in Great Falls at 9:51 PM
We have until Monday morning to change to a different departure or arrival if you need to.  The other options were:

Leave Great Falls at 7:30 AM on Monday and that would put you in Burbank at 12 noon...
Leave Burbank on Saturday at 12:15 PM and get to Great Falls at 4:25 PM

GF - SLC
Flight 3885
seat 12A

SLC - LA
Flight 3996
seat 13A

LA - SLC
Flight 3996
seat 12D

SLC - GF
Flight 3889
seat 12A

All flights are Delta.

« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2005, 05:38:04 PM »
P.S. I'll be mailing a $50.08 check to you early next week, MB.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2005, 08:26:07 PM »
Why teh hecks you leaving on Friday?

« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2005, 10:52:08 PM »
My parents were freaked out about me missing my bro's graduation, but it won't be a problem.

Change to: Leave Burbank on Saturday at 12:15 PM and get to Great Falls at 4:25 PM pending.

« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
I'd be prety freaked too if I were in there shoes.  Was that an accident or is it because you're going to E3?

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 4/15/2005 10:23:48 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print