Print

Author Topic: why do so many mario fans hate sonic?  (Read 19838 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 06:04:20 PM »
Mostly it's probably just them playing the part of "person who likes Mario so much that he/she hates his old rival, Sonic". A smaller number of gamers probably don't like the games because Sonic isn't their kind of game and they can't help how they feel. And some people make up a kind of "Other" category that acts as a safety net for my argument in case someone points out a group(s) of people I have neglected to mention.

Personally, I like classic Sonic games more than old Mario ones (although I do like them), and like the newer Mario games (SM64 and SMS) more than the newer, 3D Sonic games (Of which I don't care for at all).

Edit: I wasn't being an equal opportunity pronoun user.

I like Mario so much but I don't hate sonic.

Also, I detest VGDC.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 06:09:16 PM »
Well, you have to consider that Sonic was created for the express purpose of trying to make kids think he was "cooler" than Mario.
I used to not like Sonic, now I'm pretty well indifferent.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 07:02:36 PM »
True. They stopped fighting. He even moved to Mario's recent home in the DS and GC.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 07:11:53 PM »
I don't hate Sonic. I can't hate Sonic because I've never played a Sonic game.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 07:30:21 PM »
I don't hate Sonic at all.

I remember waking up every morning to watch the Sonic cartoons. They were awesome.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 07:32:58 PM »
I don't hate Sonic at all.

I remember waking up every morning to watch the Sonic cartoons. They were awesome.

Yeah, I remember Sonic X, Sonic Underground, and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 08:04:53 PM »
I don't hate Sonic. However, his recent games were highly disappointing and rather boring.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 10:40:49 AM »
I noticed that every post now begins with "I don't hate Sonic."

And in response to Chup's post: Whaddaya mean Sonic was created with the express purpose of making kids think he was "cooler" than Sonic? The Sonic games were created basically for two resons: a) to establish both a mascot and a "primary franchise" for Sega, and b) because all their original Sonic designs sucked big time. I mean, seriously, Sonic was first going to be a creepy big-mustached dude, then a bulldog, then a pengiun, then a panda, then a rabbit. In the end, they chose a hedgehog because everyone knows the majority of hedgehogs are blue and cpabable of reaching speeds over Mach 3.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
"Whaddaya mean Sonic was created with the express purpose of making kids think he was "cooler" than Sonic?"

!!!

mario2_gold

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 03:34:46 PM »
I don't hate sonic
{fosters}

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 04:40:44 PM »
"Whaddaya mean Sonic was created with the express purpose of making kids think he was "cooler" than Sonic?"

!!!

It was before that Sonic was intended to drive off Mario.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 06:36:05 PM »
Maybe you aren't reading my quote very carefully...

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2006, 07:07:49 PM »
Maybe you aren't reading my quote very carefully...

j/k. I know.

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2006, 07:21:07 PM »
Mario and Sonic, IMO, are like lasanga and potato salad. Both equally good, but together, oh so awesome. Most of my free time is spent trying to come up with the best plot for my upcoming "novel" which I have yet to rewrite. 8P
Anyways, they're both good, and I like him. Who knows? Maybe he'll be the character that Miyamoto said will be fighting along Mario in the next game...hmm...nah!

Mario and Sonic rule!
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 07:27:17 PM »
I don't know if Sega or Miyamoto would want that to happen. Maybe they should stay in their own games, Sonic in the Mushroom Kingdom sounds... not right.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print