Print

Author Topic: Exploding Barrels Mentioned On Wikipedia!  (Read 8302 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: May 06, 2006, 08:20:21 AM »
Exploding Barrels, the made-up game series by me, was mentioned on Wikipedia! On their article "List of fictional electronic games" (en.wikipedia.org//wiki/List_of_fictional_electronic_games), one of the games on the list was...

"the Exploding Barrels series of games and their increasingly bizarre sequels (such as Exploding Barrels 5 vs. The Legend of Zelda: In Space!), a series of in-jokes on the Fungi Forums."

Sadly, no one has made an article on EB, nor an article on the Fungi Forums, but this is still pretty cool.

[URL fixed]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 11:49:36 AM by Suffix »
every

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »
Heh, that's awesome. I love the fact that they also listed the Maddox games from the Video Games you'll never play article. Sadly, I don't think Wikipedia will let you create an article about the Exploding Barrels games since they don't really exist and it's a joke known only to us. I'm pretty sure Uncyclopedia would though, as long as it is incoherent, lacks continuity and includes a quote by Oscar Wilde.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 11:50:45 AM »
 Who made that article, I wonder?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 12:47:20 PM »
Someone with a lot of time on their hands.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 02:42:28 PM »
Only trouble with making an article about TMK is that it would quickly be considered not notable.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 02:57:21 PM »
And already was.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 03:12:50 PM »
There used to be an article about TMK? Who made it?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 09:14:27 PM »
Freakin' sweet!!! Errrr.....*ahem*. I mean, "congrats."
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 07:08:10 AM »
But TMK is the awesomest thing ever invented since the G.I. Joe public service announcments! It'd be a crime against nature not to make an article about it! At the least they could make a small stub article about it (or Exploding Barrels).
every

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »
Yay! Exploding Barrels will make it to the market one day. Just you all wait. This is all to wicked and FRIGGIN COOL!!! No need to be proper ^_^ :D. You guys know what? You can edit that article. Anyone can, but anyone can remove what you have put, too.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 06:24:30 PM »
I imagine the game will be a combination of Super Smash Bros., Grand Theft Auto, Tony Hawk, Fable, Metal Gear Solid, Black, Halo, EverQuest, and House of the Dead. In other words, a free-roaming massively-multiplayer first- and third-person roleplaying shooter/stealth game.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 10:43:53 AM »
I once had an idea for a game similar to that. It was a mix of Action, Platforming, Adventure, RPG, Puzzle, Fighting, Shooting and Knitting. The game was supposed to star Mario, but now I'm having second thoughts....

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 12:40:34 PM »
Sounds like my kinda game. Especially the knitting.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 04:30:47 PM »
I forgot that the game would also have unlockable Game&Watch remakes. All 60 of them.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 09:18:32 AM »
Don't forget the Hot Coffee!
every

Print