Print

Author Topic: TMK @ E3  (Read 76622 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2005, 10:03:51 AM »
Being the freaky StarCraft 64 fan that I am, I've got to say that I like the sound of those consoles. Very cool. Playing games on a (well made) dedicated gaming machine beats playing them on a multi-functional piece of electronics any day in my opinion.

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2005, 02:55:17 PM »
Fifth: In case you didn't notice when I asked this before, what is the source of your and your friend's E3 tickets?

Something I've been thinking but hadn't thought to post before is that if there are too few tickets for me to get one, then I could just hang out with Chup's family (and Chup if he's in the same boat) while everyone else is at the show. I think I'd enjoy that quite a bit, actually. ;P Of course, they'd have to like that idea, too, for it to work. If they don't, then I guess I could just hang out with myself in our hotel room all day playing your guys' video games.

I have receive word that my DS has arrived at my family's house. Word! Now I just have to wait for my almost-two-week break from school to start early next week so I can head down there and check it out.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2005, 07:50:36 PM »
Oop... I guess I didn't notice.
The school I go to has a focus on game design, and so is considered as part of the industry.  My friend has recently graduated and is now working for a small game company.
Soo... that's our source of tickets.

...By the way, is there any chance of my being able to join the fun on this trip?  It seems I'll be too far away, hotel-wise...
Well, at least I'll still get to see the expo...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2005, 08:58:16 PM »
My family might end up booking that hotel you were talking about. Maybe. As for joining the fun, I don't see why not... If you mean hanging out with us other TMK guys.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2005, 02:25:47 AM »
I would certainly prefer to have you join us, Fifth. The more cool people from this place who join in the fun, the better. ;)

May I ask which school it is that you're attending?

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2005, 08:28:05 AM »
If I didn't get a ticket I would still like to come visit you guys (and girl).  Sorry, I often use the word "guys" to refer to "everybody".  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2005, 01:43:04 PM »
I think that's more or less correct. As long as there's at least one male in the group of people you're talking about, then I think it's okay to refer to them as just "guys." That's how it works in Spanish, anyway. And I think also in Japanese.

Luigison, if you were to do that, that'd be sweet. :)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2005, 02:46:44 PM »
I was curious to see how many posts in this thread actually came from me, so I ran through and did a count. What I found is that there is a ton of posts from me, but it's way less than half of the total. As of this post, these are the numbers (this certainly isn't a contest—I was just curious):

----------------------------------------------------Watoad (52)
------------------------Lizard Dude (24)
----------------Chupperson Weird (16)
--------------Luigison (14)
-------------Vidgmchtr (13)
-------------MEGAߥTE (13)
---------Sapphira (9)
-------Markio (7)
------Fifth (6)
----TEM (4)
----CashCrazed (4)
---Deezer (3)
---goodie (3)
-Eclipsed Moon (1)
-MarlieMoo14 (1)
-Nameneko (1)
-Yoshisaurus Rex (1)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2005, 06:44:47 PM »
As always, I'm right behind Sapphira.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2005, 07:22:52 PM »
Thanks WTD.  I really want to go to E3, but if I can't get a ticket, I would probably only visit for a day or two.  (It would be hard to justify missing a week of school to visit some internet friends in the evenings.

When will everyone be leaving to go home?

Edited by - Luigison on 3/9/2005 6:14:38 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2005, 08:10:07 PM »
Yeah, that's understandable. Here's hoping you won't have to make that justification. ~_^

My plane will be departing from Burbank Airport sometime on Saturday, the 21st. (If you want the specific time, then I can e-mail it to you. But I'll be e-mailing that info and more to everyone going when the event gets closer, anyway.)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2005, 08:19:37 PM »
Okay.  If I don't get a ticket, maybe I can take off Friday and visit Friday evening and/or early the next day.  I hope I find out soon if I get a ticket or not.  I fould out that I have  plenty sick days left, but don't know how many personal days (days without stating why I would be out) I can take and count them as sick  days.

Unless you are Watoad or Lizard Dude, Ignore the following:  WTD, I am going to get something to eat now, but will be filling my boots with water when I get back.  (LD, it's easier in subjects.)

Edited by - Luigison on 3/9/2005 6:22:26 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2005, 10:15:26 PM »
I forgot to mention this earlier, but if Watoad and LD are going to McDonald's, they can count the rest of us out.  We've discussed this, and McDonald's may be the worst fast food chain in existence; their food shouldn't even be classified as such.  And anyway, when you go to a city, you should try as many of the good restaurants as possible.  Why go to a place that you have back home when you've got all sorts of REAL, good food around?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2005, 10:33:03 PM »
I agree.  Micky Dee's is by far the worst.  If I have to eat fast food, I prefer Wendy's.  They have chilli, fruit, salads, etc.

BTW, if your interested in good food for you health and longevity, I recommend reading Fantastic Voyage by Ray and Terry and/or SuperFoods Rx by Steven and Kathy.

Edited by - Luigison on 3/9/2005 8:43:37 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2005, 10:34:52 PM »
I agree that Mcdonalds is unhealthy and sometimes gross but otherwise, I'd eat there if I had to.  Why I'm telling you people this, I have no idea, especially when it's not like I'm in the neighborhood or something(If you were, give me a call!).

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print