Print

Author Topic: Downhill?  (Read 17863 times)

« on: January 29, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »
How come people today are thinking that the Mario games are going downhill? I don't really think they're going downhill.

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:06:34 PM »
Well, they're making Mario Party games too fast, in which if they took more time, they would have been a lot better. Also, they're making some games too kiddy. Especialy with Mario Party.

Super Mario Baseball wasn't that great, neither, I thought. There was a lot of glitches in it. Plus the new Mario golf and tennis ones for the Advance are terrible.

A bad thing with Nintendo is that they're making so many "new designs" with their systems and games, but they could just make whole new games. I think they are becoming lazy or something. You know with the two new Gameboy Advances and the upcoming DS Lite? Come on... Instead of making a new Super Mario 64 for DS, they should have waited longer and made a whole Super Mario 64 II or something. [/rant]

Whew, that's the only things I dislike about Nintendo. Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. ;)

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
1. It's third parties that are making the games.
2. Nintendo is working hard on the Revolution and Zelda.
3. I read that Hudson has a big market loss and they need money. Being the developers of Mario Party...
4. Having variety attracts more fans into Mario. (My cousins loved the sports and parties and now they love Mario.)
5. A lot of People are born everyday. They have missed out on the classics and the older siblings might not have owned a SNES or an N64.

Whoops, I went a little too far. XD. But I'm always like this whenever I defend Mario.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »
I'm not saying I don't like Nintendo, of course. Everything else about Nintendo I like.

You have to admit, some of their decisions could have been better.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 12:19:06 PM »
Yes, but Mario Parties always have new-mini games in it and it makes up for lack of single-player.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 12:21:38 PM »
There's just been too many non adventure games. The last real one was Partners in Time in November. Then Yoshi Topsy Turvy in June.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 12:22:49 PM »
You're right about that. I really loved Mario Party 3. Those mini games were the best.
Yes, but Mario Parties always have new-mini games in it and it makes up for lack of single-player.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 12:24:16 PM »
Well NIntendo works on other series. They have to ignore Mario for now. The adventures games are good. It's just that some people want variety.

You're right about that. I really loved Mario Party 3. Those mini games were the best.

Why'd you quote what I wrote?

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 12:26:26 PM »
yoshimaster posted while I was posting.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 01:37:15 PM »
Nothing's actually wrong with the Mario Party series--as a Mario Fan you'd love it if you had at least one. I just don't see the reason to pay for a new one, when they are all pretty much the same game. Yeah, new mini games, but that's not a huuuuge reason.

We're running low on the totally AWESOME games. M&L:PiT was one of those games. SM64DS is the first DS game a person should own. But if you look at TMK's GameCube list, you'll see that the only platformers are SMSu (no one's favortie) LM (too short), Wario World (I didn't hear any outstandings for it, either), and PMTTYD (next to SSBM, the only GameCube game I can't live without).

BUT, as we've seen through a certain member (banned), too much of the old games is also annoying. You need a little of everything, not all of one thing. I have Mario Party 4 and don't regret buying it. It's fun to play, especially when you have 3 human players. But games such as SMB or SMW are necessities to your Mario game collection. Have a nice balance.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »
The only Mario game I consider odd is Super Mario Strikers. Like in the Super Mario Strikers Disscusion topic, Mario characters are doing the strangest things in that thing (the satge designs are cool though, but they're not Mario). The other reason is that when you select professional mode (it's really nomral mode), the CPU acts like it's actually hard mode.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 10:10:33 PM »
Forgot, Double Dash is the only GC sport game worth $

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 06:50:38 AM »
I think gaming as a whole is going downhill...I'd take my NES and SNES any day over the new-generation stuff.
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »
1. There is no way to be innovative as ideas have been freash out. All you can do is re-invent certain games.
2. Games aren't necessarily going downhill.
3. Would you like to have 2D and 3D platformers your whole life? They would get boring fast.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 05:06:40 PM »
1. This is not true. Just look at what Nintendo has done with DS games. I don't believe Nintendogs is a re-invention of a past game.
2. For example..? Please back up your statements with examples, or else you sound like you're just arguing for argument's sake.
3. Not all NES or SNES games were platformers. There was some other great stuff for them too. Things like Track and Field, Ice Hockey, River City Ransom, etc.

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 06:23:23 PM »
Meh, forgive me. I was just mad about New-School bashing. I'll let it go. It's not about what they say. I'll just say what I want to say. Yeah, sorry bobman37 if I posted so stupidily.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 06:51:48 PM by Aarom11 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 11:15:30 PM »
No no no, it's your opinion. You're right, an all-platformer world would suck, without the multiplayer. Then again, an all-spin off world would suck too, with lack of single player. It's not fun when you have visitors and all you can play is PMTTYD. It's also pretty boring when you're alone and all you've got is MKDD. I personally prefer platformers, since I'm usually alone. My friends and I can have a pretty good time with Mario Party, since you can't really get competitive with Super Mario World.
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2006, 01:06:35 AM »
I don't believe Nintendogs is a re-invention of a past game.

Tamagotchi, Dogz, etc.
Not that I disagree with you, it was just a bad example.

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006, 08:18:50 AM »
Yeah, sorry bobman37 if I posted so stupidily.

Nah. Your post was just stating your opinion, but to me it sounded a little... iono... sounded like you were stating facts.

Tamagotchi, Dogz, etc.
Not that I disagree with you, it was just a bad example.

Ah. Too right. Ah well. =/

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 04:59:34 PM »
Forgot, Double Dash is the only GC sport game worth $
yeah. MKDD was fun, especially the co-op.

and about mario party games... they released WAY too many. nine almost similar games is just dumb. If they wanted to make more than one, they should done one per console. plus the new ones' (5-7) games are boring, and the storyline they pathetically put in there was too kidish.

I wonder if nintendo will release more rated M games for the revolution like they said they will...
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 05:07:26 PM »

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 05:10:44 PM »
Isn't that a combination of SMB2 and 3?

To join the arguement, I certainly agree Mario games are going downhill, mainly because "cool" people think blowing things and people up is cool, which is, dare I say it, not good. Because people think Mario isn't a Vice City character or some guy in a Mortal Kombat game, they just go "meh" and load up on the PS2 and XBOX games.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »
No.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 06:10:26 PM »
By the look of it, it's an SMA4 eReader card level.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 07:07:08 PM »
I wouldnt expect mario to blow stuff and people up. (that would be weird!) just that theres too many spin offs coming out these days compaired to actuall adventure games.

Im glad they're making an sidescroll platform mario game for the ds after all these years. especially a coop one!
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 08:21:47 PM »
I wouldnt expect mario to blow stuff and people up.
Ever play Smash Bros.?

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 09:12:55 PM »
yes of course!
i ment more like using bombs and blowing up people into pieces. you dont see that in super smash bros...
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 11:46:46 PM »
I'd hope not. *Shudders*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 06:36:27 AM »
Well, there are bombs in SMB2US, although that wasn't originally a Mario game, so I don't know if that would count.
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 02:55:43 PM »
Hmmm.... I dunno, they're all cool. Probably because I think Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, & Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island are extremely overrated compared to other games. I think people who aren't very familiar with at least most Mario games are more used to those kinds. Those are the ones I seem to always hear about the most, anyway. I'm just throwin' guesses.
SIG VIOLATOR

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »
Please read the rules.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2006, 04:56:26 PM »
Even though I agree that violent games are overpowering Nintendo and co., I certainly don't agree with the nonsense that says the video game system caused someone to play San Andreas and go kill people, including themselves. Even if they try to sue Sony or Microsoft, I believe that is uncalled for. The game didn't make them do it! Neither did the company who made the console!

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2006, 06:34:53 PM »
Because they're important!! XD
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »
I meant for who is he addressing that message too.

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2006, 07:20:55 PM »
Mechakoopa violated the sig rules.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 10:55:05 AM »
What's the sig rule?
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »
From memory, the sig rules are no pictures and no sigs more than 2 lines.

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 05:41:57 PM »
Why:

1. Do people hate Mario Sunshine?
2. Do people hate SM64DS?
3. Bash Mario spin-offs?
4. Complain about characters such as Petey Piranah?
5. Biggest Question : Why do people hate Mario Party?

These are the things I always hear when I hear Mario games going downhill.

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2006, 12:47:14 AM »
This is my set of answers... they're probably wrong.

1. Because, well, Sunshine in a name sounds kinda kiddy... and there's already an anti-Mario.
2. I hope not. It's one of my favourite games.
3. There's too many... *Is swamped by spinoffs*
4. He's being slightly overused? I dunno... I personally have no qualms with PP.
5. See question three. Besides, the whole series doesn't change much. There are different stories, though, I suppose... and it's an awesone multiplayer game.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 01:18:24 AM »
My long, opinion answers.

1. In my opinion, the plot was pretty bad. If you recall the discussion, Peach was "surprised" that Bowser Jr. was her son. What is that? She doesn't know whether or not she and Bowser had a kid? I think you'd know. It could've been a whole lot better if Shadow Mario weren't Bowser Jr., but Mario's counterpart from a parallel dimension, with Corona Mountain as the portal to that dimension, and you even get to see Shadow Peach, maybe have Shadow Mario work for Shadow Bowser... I'm making this all up as I type it, you know.

2. Why would anyone hate such a great game? It's DS seller #1! It's one of the best games ever, remade after 8 years, with characters we made so many rumors looking for, a slightly better plotline if you ask me, more stuff to do, the best minigames I've ever seen (not like plain boring minigames you'd expect to be added to an adventure). SM64DS gets an A+.

3. Yep, too many. Except Mario Kart, that can stay. They'd probably be better if they were all online.

4. Slightly?! WAAAAY overused. I'm waiting for Petey Piranha to become one of your freakin' partners in the next RPG!!! It was a bit disappointing that the trophy scene in MKDD had to be SMSu themed again.

5. I don't "hate" Mario Party. I just don't see the need to own more than one--pick the one with your favorite minigames/boards and that should satisfy you. It IS an awesome multiplayer game. When Bowser's head explodes in Bowser's Bigger Blast in MP4, it's a pretty hilarious visual. Mario Party is altogether a great series... if it were less of a series.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 09:16:26 AM »
1. I don't really know why people hate it. Never really played it (except a long time ago in demo) and it seemed interesting.

2. I got to borrow my friend's DS and SM64DS, and I was addicted. Like BP said, great mini games, goo story line, all interesting.

3. I admire some of the spin-offs, such as the Kart series, DDR, and others, but I do long for a good Mario game, like an original side-scroller for the Cube.

4. I don't know. I forget who Petey Pirahna is. (I feel so stupid). XD

5. I'm sure everyone will say there's too many. Maybe if each one from now on had more different ways to play, they wouldn't seem too similar and boring. I like them for when you have friends over or on a rainy day.

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006, 10:20:17 AM »
1. The levels in Sunshine barely changed. Every one was just a tropical area. No differntiation gets old.

2. The controls for the DS could be better, and the minigames are funner than the main game.

3. Too many.

4. It was a lame charecter to begin with, and didn't have a big role in Sunshine.

5. Just more of the same.

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 10:22:52 AM »
Why:

3. Bash Mario spin-offs?

Dude, do you realize you asked these exact same questions 6 months ago?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006, 01:47:10 PM »
Dude, do you realize you asked these exact same questions 6 months ago?

Yeah, but I want opinions from the new members.

Aren't you guys sick of people bashing Mario these days? I sure am so I want several answers.

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006, 06:30:19 PM »
Want to know what I'm sick of?...

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 06:47:57 PM »
Mario will go "downhill" when the earth explodes. I mean, no Earth means no Mario, right?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 06:54:20 PM »
Want to know what I'm sick of?...

What?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »
I don't know what you're talking about when you say people hate SM64DS. It was a huge uphill for Mario, really. The controls aren't super smooth, but they're not broken either. The mini games are addicting and really show what kinds of things the DS can do, the "unlock characters" part of the plot was really nice. The graphics were even improved for whoever cares. Mario's running movements are more realistic, the colors were rearranged, the enemies look a bit better (the goombas being the proper shape, the crown added to King Whomp, Bowser was completely deformed in the original). The pixels are more visible and less blurry, an improvement/deprovement based on opinion. The sound quality is higher, you gotta love the surround. Then there's the fact that it's portable! Super Mario 64 DS is the last game I'd expect someone to hate.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2006, 10:03:47 AM »
How can visible pixels be better? Don't you want smooth looking areas?

The charecters look a bit better, but they're still blocky. Bowser seems to be the only real improvement.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »
Bowser's voice sure isn't an improvement in SM64DS. Have you heard his laugh you get when you try to open a door you can't access yet?

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2006, 04:53:34 PM »
Voices almost never improve.

Wario in Double Dash....

Oh that's terrible...

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2006, 06:34:33 PM »
Why:

3. Bash Mario spin-offs?

These are all my answers, all in my opinion..

1. It felt like a game that starred Mario, not a Mario game. You get it? Kind of like how SMB2 was just a game that plugged in the Mario characters.. It had Mario in it, but did not feel like a Mario game.

2. I have not played SM64DS, so I can not answer this question.

3. Usually because there's so many of them (at least 7 different Mario Parties**) or the game cheats (Mario Baseball Pirahna Plant game..)
or because they hate the character selection ("<insert name of hated character here> was a poor choice!")

4. I personally hate Petey just because he was a boss in one game, suddenly Nintendo thinks they should use him as a playable character.

5. See # 3..

**Please note: I am not bashing the Mario Parties when I say that. I enjoy all of them because the mini-games and features are all different. I wouldn't play MP6 if it was the same as MP1..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2006, 07:29:52 PM »
theres nine marioparties so far. WAY too much
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2006, 08:46:26 PM »
Hudson, Mario Party's creator, has some market loss and I heard they need a lot of money. You know what they need to do to get money. There is nothing wrong with Mario Party.

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2006, 09:01:52 PM »
isnt hudson bomberman's creator?
they should sell more bomberman games to save themselves (or help) from market loss. bombwerman was fun as heck (especially the last one for ds) and create a wifi bomberman. theres a little too much mario party games, they should try different stuff too...
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2006, 09:21:05 PM »
Well, there are more ways to make money than Mario Party. Hudson could make a whole new kind of game. Instead of desperately putting out the same concept so frequently, they should take their time and make a really good game that will sell really good. If they applied themselves, they could develop a Mario RPG. Square's done it, Intelligent Systems did it, Alphadream formed just to make M&L:SS. And they could, it doesn't have to wait for the Revolution.
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2006, 01:54:16 AM »
Hudson got bought out by Konami last year.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2006, 02:32:45 AM »
Oh.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 11:10:38 PM »
Why:

3. Bash Mario spin-offs?

I hate to bump this, but I felt the need to express my opinions concerning Arom11's questions.
1. I don't hate it, but it's not a favorite of mine either.  The Piantas kind of creep me out, Ill Piantissimo was annoying, and not enough variety
2. I've never played SM64DS so I can't answer that, but I've heard lots of good things about it.
3. Too many perhaps?  But I love the Mario Kart games.  They are the best racers IMO.  MK64 was one of the games that really got me into video games.
4. Characters like Petey Piranha are overused and weren't all that great to be begin with.  I don't mind Petey Piranha, but those bikini panties creep me out.
5. I've only played a store demo of a Mario Party game, so I can't say much.  However, I think the Mario Party games should be like the Mario Karts and be limited to one game per console.  You know, so it doesn't get repetative.
Again, I appologize for bumping.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2006, 11:45:07 PM »
I don't mind Petey Piranha, but those bikini panties creep me out.

Those aren't bikini panties. They're just briefs of some sort that he wears to hide his weak spot (his navel).
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2006, 07:17:26 AM »
Whatever.  My point was that the concept of a plant creature wearing human clothing kind of creeps me out.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2006, 10:21:23 AM »
Why:

3. Bash Mario spin-offs?

1. Well, the plot wasn't very good, the camera was messed up, Peach was really ditzy, and Mario barely spoke. There's also Bowser's voice... No offence Aarom, but did you even bother to check a review about it to know why some people did'nt like it? If you have the game, surely you've noticed a few things that could explain why some people weren't fond of it.

2. Who bashed that game? O_O But anyway, not everyone is gonna like every Mario game. People probably bash it for dumb reasons, like there not being and guns or something.

3. Because there's too many and they're getting in the way of new Mario platformers. Plus, they don't even reqire a plot. Put Mario and friends in a soccer field, and make them play soccer. It barely needs any thought at all.

4. Because he's being overused and just came out of nowhere, out of a game that wasn't very good to most people anyway.

5. Like I said in answer 3, it barely needs any thought to make one. And most mini-games are too similiar to older MP games, but they're disguised to look new and original.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 10:02:19 PM by PaperMario »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2006, 03:57:50 PM »
I didn't care for the plot, but I liked the camera system on SMS better than that of SM64.  The one thing in a VG camera system I don't remember seeing in either, but I would've loved to see is a 1st person angle in which you are actually seeing things through Mario's perspective.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2006, 05:47:09 PM »
Camera messed up in SMS? That would have been my last complaint. It's so much smoother than SM64 with the stick replacing the buttons.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2006, 06:01:16 PM »
Yes.  That's why I like the camera in SMS better.  With SMS's camera, I could get a better view as to when I should get Mario to jump and determine how close to the edge he was.  But you have to remember that SM64 was one of the first full 3D adventures, so yeah, camera would seem a bit akward comepared to those of newer games.  By full 3D, I mean that both graphics and envirionment are in 3D.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2006, 06:13:27 PM »
People probably bash it for dumb reasons, like there not being and guns or something.
Actually I think it had to do with the fact that people didn't like playing SM64 with a joypad instead of a joystick.

Well, no offense, but they got really old fast. I think this game series is where Nintendo should start being innovative. I mean think about it, Nintendo always seems to try to be innovative in games that don't need to be innovative and kind of screw the fun factor over a bit (Example- Donkey Kong jungle Beat probably would have been better had Nintendo not used the bongos as the main peripherals), but the mario Party series is in desperate need of inovation and could probably bennifit alot from it.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2006, 06:19:23 PM »
I'd say a Mario Party game where some mini-games would require the DDR:MM dance pad.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »
M64's camera was pointing in a good view of the action atomatically. If it needed to be moved the C buttons would turn it perfectly. The freedom element of the SMS camera was great but having it be automatically positioned by the game makers like in M64 could make it better.

( when I tried to get back on a cliff with the hover nozzel the camera would turn and screw me up sometimes. And running through the buildings got a lot of bad angles. )

The Mario parties need to stop doing the same thing over and over ( making more of the same minigames ). They need to have a huge innovation to refresh the series with a new element.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2006, 10:13:42 PM »
I'd say a Mario Party game where some mini-games would require the DDR:MM dance pad.
You're a genius.
It's YOUR problem!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2006, 09:02:48 PM »
They need to make more platformers PERIOD.If Nintendo actuily makes more M games or any more AT ALL they,1.Will be like Mario without overalls,and2.Just won't be....Nintendo or even innovative!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2006, 04:43:35 AM »
What's wrong with Nintendo making M rated games? As long as they don't try and put something like Mario, Kirby or Pokemon into it, I'm fine with Nintendo making more mature games. I'd take Perfect Dark over Yoshi's Safari any day.

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2006, 09:46:53 AM »
I don't think Nintendo is going downhill.  If you hate sports and party games, by all means, those are signs of Hudson and the other third parties going downhill.  You can usually tell when Nintendo collaborated to make a game because the game feels so much different than Nintendo's other games.  The only game I "loved" from Hudson is Adventure Island for the NES. 

I've only played the first three Mario Parties, and I don't plan on getting the others.  I have only played Mario Golf for the GBC, and I don't plan on getting any of the other sports games.  I care more about 100% Nintendo games than 50% Nintendo games (50% meaning when Nintendo worked with a third party to make a game).

Therefore, we really can't say that Nintendo is going downhill for the sports and party games, because those games were designed along with other companies.  Here are the true Nintendo games:
The Mario Kart series.
The 2D Mario platformer series.
The 3D Mario platformer series.
The Zelda games.
The Kirby games for NES, GB, and SNES.
The Metroid games for NES, GB, GBA, and SNES.
Pikmin games, Animal Crossing games, etc.

I have not noticed a single decline of quality in these games.  Why?  They're 100 percent Nintendo-made. 

That's not to say that I hate collaborations; I liked some of the pokemon games for the gameboy systems.  I liked the first three Mario parties.  I loved the Donkey kong country trilogy.  I LOVED all the Mario RPG games and Warioware.  I'd say, the best companies Nintendo has worked with are Intelligent Systems, Alpha Dream, Rare, Retro Studios, and HAL Laboratories. 

In conclusion: Nintendo isn't going downhill.  Hudson and the the other Mario-sports third parties are. 

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2006, 11:32:47 AM »
Maybe we only think there's nothing but spinoffs these days because it's true. Miyamoto is so dang busy all the time. He's got LoZ:TP, the whole Wii deal, he's been playing around with stuff in his "SM128" project, and for a while he had NSMB. He probably has little or no spare time to make lots of great games because he's always trying to make that one amazing game. So in the meantime we can Party until our thumbs fall off. 
It's YOUR problem!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2006, 11:42:37 AM »
If Nintendo makes one more they could go crazy with M games and even make an M Mario>:(
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2006, 06:46:04 PM »
I don't think Nintendo is going downhill.  If you hate sports and party games, by all means, those are signs of Hudson and the other third parties going downhill.  You can usually tell when Nintendo collaborated to make a game because the game feels so much different than Nintendo's other games.  The only game I "loved" from Hudson is Adventure Island for the NES. 

I've only played the first three Mario Parties, and I don't plan on getting the others.  I have only played Mario Golf for the GBC, and I don't plan on getting any of the other sports games.  I care more about 100% Nintendo games than 50% Nintendo games (50% meaning when Nintendo worked with a third party to make a game).

Therefore, we really can't say that Nintendo is going downhill for the sports and party games, because those games were designed along with other companies.  Here are the true Nintendo games:
The Mario Kart series.
The 2D Mario platformer series.
The 3D Mario platformer series.
The Zelda games.
The Kirby games for NES, GB, and SNES.
The Metroid games for NES, GB, GBA, and SNES.
Pikmin games, Animal Crossing games, etc.

I have not noticed a single decline of quality in these games.  Why?  They're 100 percent Nintendo-made. 

That's not to say that I hate collaborations; I liked some of the pokemon games for the gameboy systems.  I liked the first three Mario parties.  I loved the Donkey kong country trilogy.  I LOVED all the Mario RPG games and Warioware.  I'd say, the best companies Nintendo has worked with are Intelligent Systems, Alpha Dream, Rare, Retro Studios, and HAL Laboratories. 

In conclusion: Nintendo isn't going downhill.  Hudson and the the other Mario-sports third parties are. 

Nice job! I wanted to say most of that, but couldn't find the words. I usually don't have much trouble with words, unless I'm writing poems for my fiancee, but that's another story.. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print