Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 692158 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1620 on: May 12, 2003, 07:39:11 PM »
Heh. I made my shortest post ever today, too. It was "No."  (Of course, I ruined it, also, by adding practically that very same comment.)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1621 on: May 12, 2003, 09:51:04 PM »
Here's the coins I owe you C.W. You also get a 2% tip.  If you are actually here to serve us next time you might get a bigger tip.

Posted by Luigison.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1622 on: May 12, 2003, 09:52:41 PM »
Whoops!  I should of used a
 or <p> instead of spreading them all across the bar.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1623 on: May 12, 2003, 10:14:59 PM »
What the heck test was that, Steve?

And is that 1 point out of 42 points? That doesn't sound very good...

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"

« Reply #1624 on: May 13, 2003, 03:55:14 PM »
YO YO YO, LORD_DUKE IN DA HIZZAY FO SHIZZAY!!
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1625 on: May 13, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »
I have no idea what you just said.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1626 on: May 13, 2003, 06:50:45 PM »
Yes, that is 1/42. The test was the USAMO (USA Mathematical Olympiad). Essentially, they invite the 250 best high school (or younger) students in the nation to take the USAMO. And then you are asked 6 proof questions. 7 points possible for each. I managed to get 1/7 for one of the proofs and 0s for the other 5.

It really isn't as bad as you think.  There were, of the 250 best mathematicians, 36 scores of 0. (And 2 42s.) My 1 tied me for 199th. It is really hard.

Actually, the hexagon problem was partially inspired by question #6 of the USAMO. Of course, it went A LOT deeper than that.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1627 on: May 13, 2003, 08:04:42 PM »
I think what LORD_DUKE was trying to say was:

Hey! Hey! Hey! LORD_DUKE is in the house for real!

Meaning he was posting in this message board and looking for someone with which to talk.  (i think)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1628 on: May 13, 2003, 08:31:07 PM »
Heh. I figured it was something like that, just based on the context in which he was speaking. Gah!! Slang messes my head up! @_@
Meh, whatever.
Can I get a Tasty Tonic with a Cherry?

--------------------

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1629 on: May 13, 2003, 08:54:47 PM »
After CW's charge last time I'm not taking anything.  Although I do see one on the table in the corner, but I don't think it has a cherry in it.

Is this FREE?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1630 on: May 13, 2003, 10:26:34 PM »
Thank you. You could just get be some Cherries seperately. :)
Hey, you edited my post then covered up the "edited by" junk, didn't you? Ah well, now it looks like I know the HTML trick. :)  Don't worry; I just stated that I noticed. I don't have a prob with it.

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1631 on: May 13, 2003, 10:33:07 PM »
Hooheh... Steve, I assume you want a Black Russian, as usual? *slides B.R. to Steve*
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1632 on: May 13, 2003, 10:34:02 PM »
Here's your cherries.  You can just pay CW later.

Whoops, I didn't expect a new page.

Edited by - Luigison on 5/13/2003 9:35:47 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1633 on: May 13, 2003, 10:37:01 PM »
You guys post to fast.

Edited by - Luigison on 5/13/2003 9:47:16 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1634 on: May 13, 2003, 10:38:43 PM »
What happens if I reply?
heh
That was a joke.

Print