Print

Author Topic: Looks like I won't be buying Yoshi's Island 2...  (Read 20102 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 09:10:22 AM »
Woah, Mario Trilogy developed by Nintendo... I thought SMB2 was made by some no-name company. Well doki-doki panic.
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 09:42:20 AM »
Yoshi's Island 2 wasn't one of my favorite games when the SNES was popular, so it's most likely that I won't buy it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 10:01:08 AM »
On one hand, I don't think I should be so quick to judge...
No, you really shouldn't. Just because a company oter than Nintendo is developing it doesn't mean it'll be bad.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 01:35:58 PM »
Woah, Mario Trilogy developed by Nintendo... I thought SMB2 was made by some no-name company. Well doki-doki panic.

Fuji TV is DEFINITELY NOT a no-name company. Also, Miyamoto had even more involvement with Doki Doki Panic than he did with SMB2J.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »

No, it was Nintendo (and Miyamoto)-developed.  They simply used Fuji TV characters.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 03:30:40 PM »
I, personally, am going to buy YI 2 as long as Nintendo doesn't shoehorn in more of their blasted touchscreen minigames.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 05:48:08 PM »
I, personally, am going to buy YI 2 as long as Nintendo doesn't shoehorn in more of their blasted touchscreen minigames.
What?  You won't get it if it has exta content that you could ignore?  Logic?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »
The problem is, though, that in the space those minigames take up, there could, in theory, be more in-game content. Then again, I don't know how much space the mini-games take up, so... ya. Maybe not.
~I.S.~

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »
Don't forget about the Paper Mario series and Mario and Luigi series...
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about them.  :)  Like I said in my first post, they are some of my favorite Nintendo/other company games.

There are others too, such as Metroid Prime and the early Mario party games.

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 08:30:26 AM »
Dude, read the TMK E3 06 page, I personally trust TMK on what they say about this game, so yes, I'll buy it.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 11:44:55 AM »
Yoshi's Island 2 wasn't one of my favorite games when the SNES was popular, so it's most likely that I won't buy it.

Yoshi's Island 2 isn't out yet.......

Really if someone is going to complain about other companies helping Nintendo make games then they may aswell complain about Smash bros,Pokemon and so on.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 09:22:37 PM »
I'll admit that I was a little disappointed when I found out that this isn't being developed by Nintendo.  And from what I've gathered, Artoon's previous games haven't been that well-received.  But I'm still really excited about the idea of a sequel to YI, and I'll give it a fair chance.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »
Forget what you've heard about other Artoon games, because YI2 is good.
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 08:49:30 AM »
Okay, which one of you made the mailbag appearance?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

jeevananthan

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 11:10:31 AM »
o common I own a artoon game its called yoshi topsy turvy it was a good game im looking forward to buying YI2 it will be a great game plus you can be baby peach and donkey kong too thats plus grapics and spciel abilities thats a great inprovment than the old version I say the spuel is gonna be good altogh the controles is gonna be different like B to jump youl get used to it who agrees with me people and if artoons new game is geat you wont be complaining anymore about them im a mario fan and ill like any mario game!

Print