Print

Author Topic: Snakes on a Thread  (Read 13554 times)

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2006, 06:28:08 PM »
WHAT?!! :O
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2006, 02:40:09 AM »
Snakes on a train! Run for your lifes!!! Is what I said. ; )
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2006, 12:58:40 PM »
I wish I was fluent in Espanol (insert squiggly over 'n').

Snakes on a Bed, in which the movie is basically the entire showing of The Exorcist, only whenever the little possessed girl is supposed to be shown, it'll be dubbed to just show a bunch of snakes, slithering on the bed like common... snakes!   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2006, 02:06:50 PM »
Esnake from New York
Resovior Snakes
Fiddlesnakes, Boy! Feed the Snakes and What've you Got? (there are just so darned many Mary Poppins references on this forum)
Two Snakes Twirled Around a Staff, Which, For Some Reason, Symbolizes Medical Stuff
every

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2006, 11:17:21 PM »
This has to be the most over-hyped movie since that Star Wars one came out a year ago. Everywhere I go I see the ads, especially on the internet.

It's amazing how big a deal people make out of movies. Star Wars was pretty recent and it seems the media gets into a frenzy about it and so does a percentage of the population--so much that they can't concentrate on anything else. When the Star Wars movie came out last spring, half the school was obsessed with it and some dude came in with a light saber (spelling?) the day it came out. It was quickly confiscated by a teacher.

I didn't see Star Wars and I don't know if I'll see this Snakes movie either. If it's anything like Airplane, though, I might have to consider--Airplane made me laugh like no other movie had in a long time.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2006, 09:32:36 AM »
Uh, Snakes on a Plane isn't a comedy. Airplane! was a parody of the TV show Airport.

PS: You haven't seen Star Wars? You must lead a dull life, man.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2006, 11:32:42 AM »
They're actually 100% serious about this being a scary movie. I'm not kidding. I can't believe it either. Come on. SNAKES. On a PLANE. Just the title is ridiculous. Not something suspenseful or mysterious like "The Snakes," or "A Plane," But "Snakes on a Plane." But the point is money. It's so unbelievable that everyone's going to see it just for the sake of seeing friggin' snakes on a friggin' plane, spending their money. And when that happens, the people have achieved their goal: to make a heaping pile of money. Because in the modern world, "Don't waste your time seeing this terrible movie" really means, "This movie is so crappy that you have to see it."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2006, 01:43:28 PM »
People will see it just 'cause Samuel L. Jackson is in it.

Here's another additiopn to this thread's original purpose:

-Planes on a Snake

Beat that Glorb.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »
Oho, but what about Snakes in a Chef's Hat?! Maybe you'd be their target audience.

By the way, I saw S.O.A.P. today; it rocked, but not in the way that I had hoped. I didn't want it to be a comedy, but a straight-up action-horror movie. There was, in actuality, little of both. It was hardly scary, and more violent than action-y. But still, I liked it because Samuel L. Jackson actually says "I want these mother****ing snakes off the mother****ing plane!". Pure gold.
every

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2006, 08:26:33 PM »
I just saw it, and I loved it.  I was fully expecting it to be horrible, but I still had to see it.  I was surprised though.  It wasn't a campy horror film, and it actually had a story that was decent.  I would have liked a little more background on a few of the characters, but I loved it, and I will likely see it again some time soon.  If anyone is wary about going to see it, you definitely should.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »
Today, our homecoming theme was, jokingly, revealed as "snakes on a plane." Alas, it was only a joke.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2006, 08:42:20 PM »
I have this feeling that SoaP will be the Plan 9 from Outer Space of our generation. Joy.

Interpret as you wish. I want to see it, though.
~I.S.~

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2006, 10:45:40 PM »
I got in early tonight so I watched Letterman. A good bit of the beginning segment of the show focused on the movie plus he used it as the basis for the top ten list of the night (which was: things you're most likely to hear outside the theater for the movie).

From what I've heard it's another vulgar Hollywood flick without morals, just like most of the stuff that comes out these days. When the biggest line of a movie has the "F" bomb in it, you know the movie can't be that good.

And to the person who wondered if I'd ever seen Star Wars--I didn't see that new one that came out last year but I have seen the old ones from the 1980s. The plot's a bit complicated for me but I like the special effects.

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2006, 01:45:18 AM »
Don't judge the movie on the language.  It's actually got a good plot; it doesn't just start with snakes killing everyone while they're flying, it builds up and gives a good reason for the movie.  While it's not cinema gold, destined to be the best movie ever, it's still worth seeing. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2006, 03:23:33 AM »
I agree; it's certainly a movie worth seeing.
Suspensful? Yes. Comical? In certain parts, yes. XD
Overall: not a bad movie.
"Silly Bowsie, tiers are for queers!"

Print