Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695868 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5175 on: January 24, 2009, 04:31:16 PM »
USA-exclusive? What's that?
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5176 on: January 24, 2009, 05:15:27 PM »
When something is released in the USA and nowhere else.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5177 on: January 24, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
Hahaha (but why do the parents need to be involved in the piracy?)

My parents will figure out if I'm playing TvC without having bought it. And when they pull it out to put in Wii Fit and see it's burned onto a DVD.
No! I don't want that!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5178 on: January 24, 2009, 07:52:36 PM »

« Reply #5179 on: January 24, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »
No, a girl I know drinks Mountain Dew in class. I swear I did a double take when I saw the can

Are you sure you weren't just checking the girl out?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5180 on: January 24, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »
I used to check girls out, but the late fees were killing me.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5181 on: January 24, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
This is.

Some say it's a Zelda clone...others say it's not...I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure it plays like a Zelda or Final Fantasy game.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5182 on: January 24, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »
sigh.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5183 on: January 24, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »
It is NOT AT ALL like Final Fantasy. It is fairly Zeldic, but with a different weapons system and you can jump. It's a great game but astoundingly hard. I want Nintendo to revive it in 3-D, where it would play more like a 3-D Zelda game (with jumping).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5184 on: January 24, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »
Oh, so you can jump? That's great! I like astoundingly hard games (within reason) and I plan on getting it someday. I really hate how Nintendo limits how Link jumps. I think it's because their worried that he'll seem like Mario in that way. If Link could jump like Mario (or better) that would mean bigger and harder boss battles. But if every hero had the same thing that would be, well,  boring.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5185 on: January 24, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »
Link not jumping unless he must makes the games more realistic. And allows for maximum focus on his weapons. Though you can jump at will in The Minish Cap once you get Roc's Cape... isn't that one based on an older game's item?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5186 on: January 25, 2009, 12:47:52 AM »
Something from Link's Awakening?

I keep wanting to check out StarTropics. I played some part of it when I was testing an NES one day at work.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5187 on: January 25, 2009, 02:19:53 AM »
Does anyone know how to make and animate a GIF file on the Linux's mtPaint 3.11 program? I'm trying animate my image right now and it's not working...

« Reply #5188 on: January 25, 2009, 03:34:58 AM »
Yeah, it's based on Roc's Feather from Link's Awakening.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5189 on: January 25, 2009, 01:34:27 PM »
Roc's Cape was also in Oracle of Seasons, and yes, I think Link needs to start jumping in the newer games. As for StarTropics, it's no classic, but it's not bad and I am surprised they've not revived and/or paid homage to the series (probably because the weapons are really similar to Earthbound and the gameplay to Zelda).

Are you sure you weren't just checking the girl out?
Probably not, seeing as she's related to me (but on while we're on the topic, the girl northwest of me in fourth period wears thong underwear).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print